WPML Widgets is a simple to use extension to add a language selector dropdown to your widgets.
This plugin is the easiest way to add multilingual widgets to your website.
WPML Widgets is a ultra lightweight plugin, so there will be (about) zero extra loading time.
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Ow Jeroen!! So grateful for your plugin!! 🙂
I was challenged BIG time by WPML to translate widgets using String Translation, which is not very user friendly.
After searching their support forum for some answers I finally found your plugin that really *saved* me. It does exactly what I need! 🙂
Soooo happy!! Thank you, thank you 😀
P.S. This plugin should be default in the WPML package
Que bueno es.
Thank you for this great plugin, which is a missing feature in WPML.
There is so much issues in this plugin that makes it hard to use. I am wondering why people likes it. When you don’t know how to use sql please dont do this kind of things
Contributors & Developers
“WPML Widgets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.0.6 – 04/01/2016
- Fix – Issue introduced in 1.0.5 where with some people the ‘wpml_get_active_languages()’ function doesn’t exist.
1.0.5 – 02/01/2016
- Change – Removed the unneeded prefixes of the class methods.
- Tested – With the current WordPress version (4.7)
- Improvement – Change the deprecated ‘wpml_active_languages’ function to ‘wpml_get_active_languages’
1.0.4 – 25/04/2014
- Fix – Escape url in admin
1.0.3 – 20/12/2014
- Fix – Notice on WP_Debug mode when values are not saved
- Add – Nagg message when WPML is not active 😉
- Improvement – Use Singleton to initiate plugin
- Improvement – Better code/comment quality
- Fix – WordPress Multisite supported check
* Fix – notices in debug mode
* Fix – Widgets won’t break when WPML is not activated
- Initial release