WPlupload replaces default WordPress file uploader with Plupload – flexible, configurable and highly adaptable client-side upload component. Plupload supports HTML5, GEARS, Silverlight, Flash, BrowserPlus and will fall back to regular HTML4 when no other option available.
- HTML5 ready.
- Multi-runtime – will use whichever runtime from the list is found first.
- Supports chunking – will split the file into chunks on client-side and upload them to a server one by one.
- Doesn’t depend on server-side size constraints for uploaded files.
- Can resize images on client-side, retaining EXIF information (at the moment available only in HTML5 runtime).
- Supports drag & drop, where possible (not available in some browsers and runtimes).
For more information check Plupload component website.
- Go to: Plugins > Add New > upload
- Browse for
- Upload contents of
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“WPlupload” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors