WPlupload replaces default WordPress file uploader with Plupload – flexible, configurable and highly adaptable client-side upload component. Plupload supports HTML5, GEARS, Silverlight, Flash, BrowserPlus and will fall back to regular HTML4 when no other option available.
- HTML5 ready.
- Multi-runtime – will use whichever runtime from the list is found first.
- Supports chunking – will split the file into chunks on client-side and upload them to a server one by one.
- Doesn’t depend on server-side size constraints for uploaded files.
- Can resize images on client-side, retaining EXIF information (at the moment available only in HTML5 runtime).
- Supports drag & drop, where possible (not available in some browsers and runtimes).
For more information check Plupload component website.
GEARS runtime has been merged into the full js file.
Upgraded Plupload core to 1.5, more info can be found here.
Included Google GEARS js library.
BrowserPlus will load from Yahoo servers.
Upgraded Plupload core to 1.4.2, more info can be found here.