Displays recent tracks from your last.fm account.
Important: Requires PHP 5!
- Easy to set up via widgets (requires WordPress > 2.8)
- Displays your current tracks (Listening now)
- Customizable by template and css (you decide what is displayed)
- Data is kept locally (default: 45 seconds)
- English and German localization
If you are using widgets
- Design → Widgets
- Drag the widget into your sidebar
- Configure your username, the number of shown tracks and the template
If you are not using widgets
Copy the following PHP code in your template:
<?php wplastfm('username' [, number of tracks [, $options]]); ?>
You can configure the plugin via “wplastfm-settings.php” or via array. E.g.
<?php $options = array("template" => '%track%', "cache" => 45, "trunctrack" => 40, "truncalbum" => 25); ?><h3>Customization</h3>
The plugin provides the following CSS classes:
- ul.lastfm — the list
- ul.lastfm li — ul list elements
- ul.lastfm li a — last.fm links
- ul.lastfm li img — image formatting
- ul.lastfm li span.lastfm-time — time formatting
- ul.lastfm li span.lastfm-album — album formatting
If you don’t need the
wplastfm.css, you can delete it.
You can change the following settings in the “wplastfm-settings.php” or via array.
$wplastfm_options['cache']– Specifies how long the data is kept locally
$wplastfm_options['trunctitle']– Maximum length of the text
$wplastfm_options['timeformat']– Time format for songs played more than 24 hours ago
$wplastfm_options['imagesize']– Image source (small, medium or large)
$wplastfm_options['albumcover_height']– Height of the album cover
$wplastfm_options['useartistimage']– If there is no album cover, the plugin uses the artist image instead (can be true or false)
$wplastfm_options['profilelink']– Displays link to your profile or disables it.
- Upload folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- How to create your own timeformat for tracks played more than 24 hours ago
- Go to the Widget page in WordPress and choose ‘Use self-defined’ in the dropdown menu.
- Open the wplastfm-settings.php and edit the
Contributors & Developers
“WPLastfm” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bugfix: The time format chose in the dropdown menu is now displayed correctly
- Added the possiblity to choose the size of the album cover (small, medium, large)
- Added the option to display or hide the link to your profile in the widget title
- Timeout for the HTTP request has been reduced (3 seconds for recent tracks, 2 seconds for artist image)
- Uses the WordPress HTTP API instead of c_url
- Added template tags for %artist% and %title%
- Moved the cache files to /cache folder
- Now uses the artist image, if no album cover exists
- Some other small improvements and bugfixes.
- (The WordPress HTTP API doesn’t work properly in 2.8, so please update WordPress)
- Tested up to WordPress 2.9
- Fixed error message due PHP 5.3.0 curl bug
- Added a fixed height for the album cover
- Added the option to configure the maximum length of the title/album
- Fixed a problem with the right version number
- First stable release