ADD-ON PLUGIN for "WP Document Revisions" (WPDR)!
Want to offer public file downloads? Just use "WP Document Revisions" plus this little add-on plugin! This small and lightweight add-on plugin just adds a few specific additions to the awesome WPDR base plugin which does all the heavy lifting for you!
For my own projects I needed a new but robust and future-proof plugin with a custom post type solution to replace an old, unsupported download counter plugin. With its many benefits I wanted WPDR as a base foundation for that. Now, that I've finally found my solution, I hope it may help you as well :-).
What this Add-On does - General Features
- All the benefits of "WP Document Revisions" plugin! (see below)
- Simple, basic download counter included!
- Use "Downloads" wording instead of "Documents" (changeable via options); plus Downloads icon.
- 2 additional taxonomies for download files: "File Categories" and "File Tags".
- 3 additional Widgets:
- Display most popular/ accessed Downloads with "Popular Downloads".
- Simple taxonomy listings with "Download File Categories / Tags".
- To Downloads restricted search with "Search Downloads".
- Own plugin settings page.
- Help tabs included.
- Fully internationalized!
- Fully Multisite compatible!
Special Features of this Add-On
- Ability to load fully custom translations for WPDR!
- Load "Downloads" specific translations/ wording - formal/ informal variants supported!
- Full German translations included, formal and informal versions - you can choose via options (default is 'formal').
Benefits of using "WP Document Revisions" as the base plugin
- In general: fantastic plugin, awesome developer! :)
- Really simple, yet very effective! Does just one thing, but does it right!
- Really secure & robust!
- Revision management by default.
- Workflow Status management by default.
- Uses known WordPress interface - just concentrate on file management :).
- Extendable via Hooks & Filters - very developer friendly.
- Support for "Edit Flow" plugin already included.
- Well developed and coded with Coding Standards and WordPress best practices.
Recommended Settings & Usage Instructions
Third-party compatibility included
- Genesis Framework: For Child Themes - Display post meta on the frontend for the post type.
A plugin from deckerweb.de and GenesisThemes
- I am open for your suggestions and feedback - Thank you for using or trying out one of my plugins!
- Drop me a line @deckerweb on Twitter
- Follow me on my Facebook page
- Or follow me on +David Decker on Google Plus ;-)