Why not be able to checkin on your blog so that your readers know where you are and have been? Sure there are other checkin sites on the Internet, but now you can count your blog as one of them.
WPCheckin allows location checkins to be displayed in a widget or on any page via shortcode. Using Google Places, choose a location closest to your geo location as determined by your browser’s HTML5 location information.
This plugin requires a Google API key to be able to retrieve locations nearby, and stores checkins in a custom post type.
How does WPCheckin know where I am?
Why use the Google Places API?
The Google Places API provides a list of nearby places of interest making it easy to choose the one your are located at, or close by to.
- Updated ‘user’ option to update when a new user is logged in.
- Changed Google Places radius to 50 for dev_mode and display_json.
- Set default title for widget.
- Added ‘establishment’ to Google Places types parameter.
- Better parsing and error checking of Json returned by Google Places API.
- This is the first version of the plugin. No updates available yet.