End users can benefit from wp2syslog:
- Log entries for core events help to keep track of the daily business, especially on multiuser blogs.
- Log entries for core events can raise awareness for threats and problems, for example abuse attempts.
- Log entries triggered by plugins allow the user to comprehend the functionality of the plugin.
Developers can benefit in two ways from wp2syslog:
- At each point of the code, a log entry can be triggered. No need to print to the browser, just let wp2syslog put it in the database, and you can have a look later.
- You can develop your plugins with support for wp2syslog. This will give your users the chance to better understand what your plugin is doing (see doc/specs.html).