Displays fancy stats about your blog which you can include in your year end review posts.
Requires PHP 5.3 or higher. Will not work in PHP 5.2.x
The plugin currently supports the following stats
- Total number of posts per year
- Total number of comments per year
- Total number of words written per year
- Average length of posts per year
You can use the following shortcode to display stats in your blog.
`[yes_stats type="post_num" start_year="2004" end_year="2014" range="to" post_type="post" post_status="publish" title="Title of the graph" height="500" width="500" ] ```
yes_stats shortcode can have the following attributes
type– The type of graph. The following are the allowed values.
post_num– Number of posts by year (default)
comment_num– Number of posts by year
post_avg_length– Average length of posts by year
post_totoal_length– Total length of posts by year
start_year– The first year for the graph (default: current year)
end_year– The last year for the graph (default: current year)
range– How the years should be treated. Possible values are
post_type– The post type for which the graph should be generated (default: post)
post_status– The post status for which the graph should be generated (default: publish)
title– Title for the graph
height– Height of the graph (Default: 500px)
width– Width of the graph (Default: 500px)
The following are the features that I am thinking of adding to the Plugin, when I get some free time. If you have any feature request or want to increase the priority of a particular feature, then let me know.
- Add more stats
- Make the graphs more configurable
- Cache the stats
- If you have found a bug/issue or have a feature request, then post them in github issues
- If you have a question about usage or need help to troubleshoot, then post in WordPress forums or leave a comment in plugins’s home page
- If you like the Plugin, then kindly leave a review/feedback at WordPress repo page.
- If you find this Plugin useful or and wanted to say thank you, then there are ways to make me happy 🙂 and I would really appreciate if you can do one of those.
- Checkout other WordPress Plugins that I have written
- If anything else, then contact me in twitter.
The pot file is available with the Plugin. If you are willing to do translation for the Plugin,
use the pot file to create the .po files for your language and let me know.
- Thanks to Alex King for his blog stats SQL scripts and for the inspiration.
This Readme file was generated using wp-readme, which generates readme files for WordPress Plugins.
The simplest way to install the plugin is to use the built-in automatic plugin installer. Go to plugins -> Add New and then enter the name of the plugin to automatically install it.
If for some reason the above method doesn’t work then you can download the plugin as a zip file, extract it and then use your favourite FTP client and then upload the contents of the zip file to the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Will this plugin work in PHP 5.2.x?
No. This plugin requires PHP 5.3 or higher.
- Will this plugin support PHP 5.2.x in future?
No. Please update your PHP version to 5.3 or higher. PHP 5.2.x is very old and has lot of security issues.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Year End Stats” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2014-12-29 – v1.0 – (Dev time: 10 hour)
- New: Support for shortcodes
- New: Removed dependency on Open Flash Charts plugin.
- New: Uses Flot for generating the graphs.
2014-01-26 – v0.5.1 – (Dev time: 0.5 hour)
- Fix: There was some problem in the version. This is just to bump up version number
2014-01-26 – v0.5 – (Dev time: 2 hours)
- Fix: Fix all warnings and undefined notices (issue #1)
- Tweak: Count only posts from “post” post type (issue #2)
- Add: Add support for translation (issue #6)
2013-02-09 – v0.4.1
- Minor typo fixes
2009-01-27 – v0.4
- Fourth Version
2008-12-27 – v0.3
- Third Version
2008-06-08 – v0.2
- Second Version
2008-01-01 – v0.1
- First Version