WP Word Count tells you exactly how many words you’ve written on your site with statistics by month and author.
New in Version 3.2.0: Reading Time
WP Word Count now comes with built in reading time statistics for each post and page of your site. Find out how many hours of content you’ve written or let readers know how long your articles are. You can include reading time at the top of each of your posts automatically or use a shortcode.
- Quickly see how many posts and pages you’ve created and how many total words they add up to.
- View and display estimated reading times for each piece of content on your site.
- Support for custom post types so you can monitor word counts from content created by your themes and plugins.
- View your writing output for each month broken down by post type.
- See all of your site author’s word counts with breakdowns by post type.
WP WORD COUNT PRO
Upgrade to WP Word Count Pro and get additional features to help you understand and analyze the amount of content you are producing for your site:
- Control which post types and statuses you see in your statistics through custom “Settings” options.
- Get detailed breakdowns of your monthly writing output by day, author, post type, category, tag and more.
- View individual author details with information beyond just word count totals.
- See expanded post details with revision history, site rankings and more.
- Motivate yourself with the built-in achievement system to write more and increase your site’s content.
- View charts and graphs for better data visualization and understanding.
You can learn more about WP Word Count Pro at wpwordcount.com
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- WP Word Count can be accessed via the menu of the WordPress Admin.
How do the WP Word Count Shortcodes work?
There are two shortcodes available:
- [wp-word-count] will display the number of words on any page or post.
- [wp-word-count-reading-time] will display the reading time of words on any page or post.
Every WP Word Count shortcode can be extended with “before” and “after” attributes to add text or HTML before and after the result.
Example: [wp-word-count before=”This post has” after=” total words.”]
Contributors & Developers
“WP Word Count” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
3.2.3 – 6 Oct 2021
- Tested up to WordPress 5.8.1
- We’ve been a bit quiet (sorry!), but busy behind the scenes! Get ready for some new features ready in Q4 2021!
3.2.2 – 8 Sept 2020
- Tested up to WordPress 5.5.1
3.2.1 – 2 June 2020
- Tested up to WordPress 5.4.1
- Updated plugin details
- New “Reading Time” statistic throughout the plugin.
- Added support for Gravatar/User Profile Images.
- New calculation options for sites with extremely large amounts of content.
- Menu changes.
- Interface changes.
- Interface changes and bug fixes.
- You can calculate your word counts any time you wish via the “Calculate” tab. This should help alleviate problems with plugin activation/updating on servers with limited resources.
- Automatically excluding common WordPress post types: Custom CSS, Navigation Menu Items.
- Support for Scheduled Posts.
- Support for Thrive Content Builder.
- Interface changes.
- General bug fixes.