WP Word Count is a WordPress plugin for word count statistics on blog posts, pages and custom post types.
Total & Individual Word Counts for All Content
Quickly see how many posts and pages you’ve created and how many total words they add up to. Track all of your content sorted from largest word count down to the smallest.
Statistics by Month & Author
View your writing output for each month broken down by post, page and custom post type. Each writer on your site has their total word count statistics calculated across all of your forms of content.
Simple Download and Setup
Start tracking your blog’s word counts today with WP Word Count. You can learn more at wpwordcount.com
- Installation Instructions
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- WP Word Count can be accessed via the menu of the WordPress Admin.
- How does the WP Word Count Shortcode work?
You can use the Shortcode [wpwordcount] to show the number of words on any page or post. The [wpwordcount] Shortcode
can be extended with “before” and “after” attributes to add text or HTML before and after the count.
Example: [wpwordcount before=”This post has” after=” total words.”]
I had to deactivate all plugins and activate one by one, I never thought it was this one but it breaks Clickmag theme
Thanks for the plugin!
I was accused of referring to a certain person on one of my sites with a disparaging word to many times. I knew it wasn’t true, but I had no easy access to the data.
Then I added WP Word Count!
Using your plugin and a calculator, I showed that my rate of use of the word was one-half of one-half of one-half of one-half of one percent!
What a way to make a point and I could not have done it without WP Word Count!!!
I will be adding your plugin to my other sites, but I have two suggestions:
1. Add a SEARCH feature so that we can look for words or phrases from within the plugin.
2. Update the plugin: WordPress is currently 4.5.3.
Thanks again and keep on keepin’ on!
Does the trick quickly and easily. Thank you.
Really appreciate this plugin. Thanks.
I was not expecting so much details like the average word number per month and stuff
This helped me see some writing pattners : for example at the beginning of my blog I used to write around 1200 words per post, and now that I have more time I usually write around 2000 or more words per post 🙂
PRetty cool stats for me – I am a stats nuts.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Word Count” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed critical performance bugs for WordPress Network installations.
- General bug fixes.
- Improvements to Custom Post Type statistics: posts without authors are now excluded to try and cut down on plugins that are using the _posts table to store their data.
- All plugin data is deleted on deactivation.
- General bug fixes.
- Minor interface changes.
- Complete code rewrite.
- Support for Custom Post Types.
- New Statistics Dashboard (now found on its own menu option).
- Removed Widget.
- New, and even more shameless, Plugs.
- Compatibility updates.
- Added ability to see word count statistics for All Posts and Pages.
- Fixed Display Bug in Plugins Page of WordPress Admin.
- Added [wpwordcount] Shortcode.
- Shameless Plugs.
- Added Widget.
- Added Monthly Statistics.
- Initial version.