Hides widget content on page load then allows the user to toggle widgets open and closed by clicking the widget title. Requires all widgets you want to toggle to have a title (clicking the title toggles the widget open and closed).
- Install via Plugins: Add New or FTP
- It collapses all widgets everywhere?
Yes. Adding a jQuery selector to limit which widgets are affected is planned for a future release.
- It doesn’t work with my theme!
Open a support thread and I’ll see if we can make it compatible with your theme’s custom markup.
Works as it should.
4 stars cause some css is needed in order to display the hide/unhide functionality to the user
Contributors & Developers
“WP Widget Toggle” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add option to keep widgets open on load
- Add option to target widgets or widget areas with jQuery selectors
- Initial release, works with default WP widget markup