This plugin enables you to display how many users are online on your WordPress site, with detailed statistics of where they are and who they are (Members/Guests/Search Bots).
Usage (With Widget)
- Go to
WP-Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets
- The widget name is UserOnline.
- Scroll down for instructions on how to create a UserOnline Page.
Usage (Without Widget)
wp-content/themes/<YOUR THEME NAME>/sidebar.phpand add Anywhere:
I spent most of my free time creating, updating, maintaining and supporting these plugins, if you really love my plugins and could spare me a couple of bucks, I will really appreciate it. If not feel free to use it without any obligations.
- Creating A UserOnline Page
- Go to
WP-Admin -> Pages -> Add New
- Type any title you like in the post’s title area
- If you ARE using nice permalinks, after typing the title, WordPress will generate the permalink to the page. You will see an ‘Edit’ link just beside the permalink.
- Click ‘Edit’ and type in
useronlinein the text field and click ‘Save’.
[page_useronline]in the post’s content area
- Click ‘Publish’
If you ARE NOT using nice permalinks, you need to go to
WP-Admin -> Settings -> UserOnlineand under ‘UserOnline URL’, you need to fill in the URL to the UserOnline Page you created above.
- Go to
- To Display Most Number Of Users Online
Most Users Ever Online Is On
- To Display Users Browsing Site
- To Display Users Browsing A Page
- Error on activation: “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected…”
Make sure your host is running PHP 5. The only foolproof way to do this is to add this line to wp-config.php (after the opening
I use the free version. It’s very good program gave me the right solution to see all visitors online of my website. Thank you very much!
Nice plugin. Works fine. Thx
Sorry for not reading the instructions first.
Many thanks for this, quite useful plugin!
Works fine as described.
Works very well!
Contributors & Developers
“WP-UserOnline” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- NEW: Bump to 4.7
- NEW: New useronline_custom_template filter
- NEW: Remove po/mo files from the plugin
- NEW: Use translate.wordpress.org to translate the plugin
- FIXED: Update SCB Framework
- FIXED: Incompatible scbAdminPage::validate()
- FIXED: Notices in Widget Constructor for WordPress 4.3
- NEW: Uses WordPress native uninstall.php
- NEW: Bump to 4.0
- Show user agent when hovering over IP, instead of address lookup
- Use local time for UserOnline Page
- Fixed ‘Strict Standards: Non-static method’ warnings
- Update scb Framework
- show most recent visitors first
- fix duplicate entry errors
- fix ajax requests for SSL
- fixed settings page
- fixed “Return to default” buttons
- show user list in admin only to users with ‘manage_options’ capability
- added ‘useronline_bots’ filter
- don’t show url and referral links for users in the admin area
- smarter detection via ajax requests
- fix SQL errors
- fix fatal error on upgrade
- fix %USERONLINE_COUNT% problem
- added option to link user names to their author page
- allow displaying online users from a different page than the current page
- bundle language files
- more info
- fix integration with WP-Stats
- fix error with get_admin_page_title()