Sometimes, we just want to offer visitors simple variations of our website theme. Sometimes, we simply want to offer a stylesheet with improved accessbility. There are plugins that let you choose a different theme, but this plugin offers you to change only the stylesheet. In the admin settings, you can configure as many different stylesheets as you want. Those possibilities are offered in a list on the front page.
The list of available stylesheets can be shown in a dropdown list or as a series of icons. It can be shown using the widget or in a page/post using the shortcode, or directly in the template using the php function.
On the frontend, when a choice is made in the dropdown list, the webpage is reloaded using the chosen stylesheet.
- Easy installation/setup
- Any number of switchers
- Each switcher can have any number of stylesheet options
- Set a default stylesheet
- Multiple instances of switchers/stylesheet lists can be present on the same page.
- Choice between a dropdown or icon list for each list
- Can be used with a shortcode in a post/page, with the widget and with a php function in the theme
- For each list, possibility to show/hide the title
- Optional single switcher button (text or icon)
- Chose between theme relative path or absolute path (useful to customize multisite)
- Optional automatic theme rotation (weekday, week, month, year or random)
- Ready for internationalization
- Complete uninstall (removes options and widgets)
Languages already available
- Spanish (thanks to Andrew Kurtis from WebHostingHub)
- Serbo-Croatian (thanks to Andrijana Nikolic from WebHostingGeeks)
To see an example, visit plugin page.
- Why this plugin?
I couldn’t find this solution in other plugin, so I developped it. This plugin is useful when developping a website, so we can keep a few alternative stylesheet and switch back and forth, or let a client chose his favorite one.
- How do you setup the css files for a child theme
In my child theme folder, my style.css file only contains the link to the original theme css: @import url(“../twentythirteen/style.css”);
Then my other files only need to override the original styles.
Simple to use, fast and well thought out. Really useful plugin.
Does what I needed and as far as I can tell, works fine with WP 4.5!
- Update cookie.js
- Update readme file
- Fix Cookies conflicts
- Fix php7 warning for class constructor
- Update cookie.js
- Fix absence of cookie.js if no switcher loaded
- Fix WP_Widget constructor for 4.3.0
- Add the possibility to show link text with the icon (before, after, over or under)
- Add Serbi translations
- Fix stylesheet flashes when changing page
- Fix array initialization problem (“array()” instead of “”) for older php versions (< 5.4)
- Fix missing .js files
- Multiple different switchers
- Preserver user choice using a cookie
- Fix blank page on automatic rotation.
- Fix session start condition
- Option to have automatic theme rotation
- Option to chose between relative or absolu path (useful for multisites)
- Add plugin icon and banner
- Fix blank option update in config page
- Ignore empty options when using single switcher button
- Fix blank page when upgrading
- Add information to “Option to remove stylesheets”
- Fix missing js file
- Add explanation for the “no stylesheet” option.
- Add optional single switcher button (with text or icon) to rotate between stylesheets
- Add option to remove all styles and stylesheets.
- Increase filename maxlength
- Change stylesheet priority when loading them.
- Fixes default stylesheet with more then five stylesheets
- Adds Spanish translation
- Internationalization of this plugin
- Internal update toward OOP (class for the plugin and for the widget)
- Set defaults to php function show_wp_user_stylesheet_switcher()
- Possibility to choose between an icon list of a dropdown list
- Add option to the shortcode and the widget
- Fixes layout positioning bug with Twentythirteen theme
- Manage uninstall to remove options/widgets
- No limits for the number of stylesheets to offer.
- First stable version released.