WP-URLCache allows you to use a shortcode to locally cache outgoing links in your posts and pages.
- Use WordPress’ builtin plugin installation system located in your WordPress admin panel, labeled as the “Add New” options in the “Plugins” menu to upload the zip file you downloaded
- Extract the zip file and upload the resulting “wp-urlcache” folder on your server under
All you need to do after that is navigate to your blog’s administration panel, go in the plugins section and enable WP-URLCache.
In order to personalize the available options, check in WordPress’ “Misc” section under “Settings” (options-misc.php).
For more information, see the “Installing Plugins” article on the WordPress Codex.
- How do I use it?
Simply use the [urlcache url target alt cachetext] shortcode in your posts where:
* URL is the URL you want to cache
* Target is the link target value
* Alt is the link alternate value
* CacheText is the text you want to display in lieu of the cached link
- Any technical requirements?
- You will need PHP5. PHP4 has been officially discontinued since August 8 2008. If this plugin gives you PHP errors (T_STATIC, T_OLD_FUNCTION), you should strongly consider upgrading your PHP installation.
- You will need cURL
- You will also need at least WordPress 2.7 since WP-URLCache is using WordPress’ Settings API.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-URLCache” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release