This plugin will add a “Back to top” icon automatically to your blog. It features a smooth scrolling effect and customizable options such as the color, position and scroll duration, sprinkled with some cool CSS3 effect.
By Asvin Balloo.
- Smooth scrolling animation
- Customizable options via the admin panel
- Works on almost all browsers
- No need to add any markup to your theme
- Extract wptotop.zip in the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings and then WP To Top to configure the plugin.
- I have activated the plugin but nothing appears…
Make sure you have the following code in your theme’s footer.php :
If not, go to Design >> Theme Editor >> Select “footer.php” from right hand list >> and paste
<?php wp_footer(); ?>just before the ” tag.
- I found a bug…
Do it via my blog – http://htmlblog.net/ – enjoy!
Contributors & Developers
“WP To Top” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Added condition for empty icon type
- Added z-index in CSS
- Full reboot. Now uses jQuery and the Settings API
- Follows WordPress PHP coding standards
- New options added
- Font Awesome used
- Added CSS3 hover effect for the icon using hover.css
- Scroll inspiration
1.0 (5 Mar 2009)
- Initial Release