WP-Thumbnail is a simple and neat WordPress Plugin that not only allows you to use a short-code to generate dynamic
screenshot of webpages in your posts but also takes a realtime snapshot of the served webpage and saves a link to it
on the page itself that too without burdening the servers. This helps in optimizing search results on Google by adding
a thumbnail to the left of the search result snippet and makes shared posts more attractive, with a relevant thumbnails,
on Social Sites like Facebook.
For more information, check out wp-thumbnail.robocasters.com.
- Short-Code – The plugin has a shortcode that enables you to add dynamic screenshots of webpages to your post.
- Meta Thumbnail – It uses meta name thumbnail and adds the live screenshot in it for being displayed as a thumbnail in Google Searches.
- PageMaps – PageMaps is a structured data format that provides Google with information about the data on a page. It enables website creators to embed data and notes in webpages.
- Facebook OG:Image – It sets image with content og:image to the top priority for being used as a Facebook Post thumbnail.
- WP-Thumbnail Class – It adds a WP-Thumbnail class that helps image to be used for all other sharing purposes.
- Why the shortcode is not working and refreshing?
It works in all cases. The possible problem is that you are not using ‘http’ or ‘https’ protocols.
- Why there is no thumbnail on Google Searches?
The Google bots take sometime to refresh the contents. I depends on your site status. I might take a day or a month.
- Why I shows-up generating the preview image on Facebook?
I may happen sometime because Facebook script is delicate and ‘sometimes’ time-out before the rendering (seen on slow connections).
- Fixed the Facebook thumbnail problem, now not only you can use the dynamic webshot but can also use other images tagged to the webpage.