The plugin includes the option to display a random testimonial in your sidebar using PHP code or the built-in widget.
Testimonials can also be displayed all on one page. Simply put [sfs-testimonials] in the body of the page.
Be sure to read the included documentation for style and configuration help.
If you need help, visit the WP-Testimonials support page at:
Version 3.4.1, Released 2010-08-19
Copyright (C) 2007-2010 Jodi Diehl – http://www.sunfrogservices.com/
- Thank you to Wouter from http://www.allwebsites.be for his XHTML contributions
- Upload the entire wp-testimonials folder to your plugins directory
- Activate testimonials from the plugin page
- How do I display the testimonials in the sidebar?
Use the built-in widget to display a random testimonial. Or
use the following if you prefer to hand code the PHP:
<?php sfstst_onerandom(); ?>
Be sure to remove this code from your template if you disable the plugin
so your site doesn’t throw ugly errors at you.
NOTE: You must have text in the short text field in order for the testimonial to appear on the page.
- How do I show all my testimonials on a page?
To show all testimonials on a single page:
- Create a new page
- Put [sfs-testimonials] in the body text
NOTE: You must have text in the full text field in order for the testimonial to appear on the page.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-Testimonials” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bug fixes
- Update for compatibility with WordPress 3.0
- Bug fix for shortcode
- Formatting updates to public pages for HTML5 compliance
- Removed option to open client site in new window (for HTML5 compliance)
- Added ability to include image (shows only on page, not in sidebar)
- Added default settings to wp_options on install or upgrade from version prior to 3.3
- Modified edit testimonials form to use labels
- Removed obsolete code from style sheet
- Added settings link to plugins page
- Bug fixes when saving settings
- Added charset to table creation
- Minor bug fix to correct blank sort order on edit
- Modified HTML to use blockquote and cite for formatting
- Added option to set number of random testimonials in sidebar
- Added ability to give access to non-administrators
- Added option to sort page by user defined sort order
- Corrected shortcode output
- Added backwards compatibility for WP2.7 and higher
- Option to have client website open in new window
- Compatibility with WP2.8 and higher
- Random block now pulls testimonial via “ORDER BY RAND” for true random order
- Removed obsolete field in table “views”
- Pages/posts can now be created using shortcode [sfs-testimonials] (eliminates the need for a custom theme page)
- Added “read more” link to random sidebar block
- Added configuration options to show/hide “read more” link in sidebar with customizable text
- Added options to delete table upon deactivation