SiteLinks is a wordpress plugin that displays a simple page with links to your WordPress posts. The page shows 80 posts at a time in the order of most recent to oldest. I used this to help search engines index my site quicker. Most search engines only index up to 100 links per page so for now I have set this to 80 to take in account other links that may be in your template.
Developed by Jim Burnett.
Note: With Search engines now using XML based sitemaps, sitemaps such as this may not be needed.
A brief Markdown Example
[showlinks] in a page.
- Unzip the file.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
[showlinks]in a page.
- Tell Google and various search engines to index the page. I actually submitted this page directly to Google and Bing and they started hitting my site a lot more.
- Add page to sitemap.xml with a high priority so search engines will visit the sitemap more often.
Contributors & Developers
“SiteLinks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release.
- Fixed 180 post limit bug.
- Fixed documentation.
- Changed page code, again to better conform.
- Added a classname of “sitelink” to the links so you can customized with css.
- Wrapped the sitelinks into a UL and LI group. Also wrapped the next page navigation into a SPAN for better customization.