WP Show Posts allows you to display posts anywhere on your website using an easy to use shortcode.
You can pull posts from any post type like WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads etc..
This plugin works with any theme.
Here are the features in the free version:
- Post type
- Posts per page
- Columns gutter
- Show images
- Image width
- Image height
- Image alignment
- Image location
- Content type (excerpt or full post)
- Excerpt length
- Include title
- Read more text
- Include author
- Author location
- Include date
- Date location
- Include terms
- Terms location
- Author ID
- Exclude current
- Post ID
- Exclude post ID
- Ignore sticky posts
- Order by
- Meta key
- Meta value
- Tax operator
- No results message
Our *Pro* version has these features
- AJAX pagination
- Featured post
- Background color
- Background color hover
- Border color
- Border color hover
- Image overlay color
- Image overlay icon
- Image hover effect
- Image lightbox
- Image lightbox gallery
- Read more style
- Read more color
- Content link color
- Content link color hover
- Content text color
- Title color
- Title color hover
- Meta color
- Meta color hover
- Twitter color + hover
- Facebook color + hover
- Google+ color + hover
- Pinterest color + hover
- Love it
Check out GeneratePress, our awesome WordPress theme! (https://wordpress.org/themes/generatepress)
There’s two ways to install WP Show Posts.
- Go to “Plugins > Add New” in your Dashboard and search for: WP Show Posts
- Download the .zip from WordPress.org, and upload the folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory via FTP.
In most cases, #1 will work fine and is way easier.
- How do I create a post list?
- Make sure WP Show Posts is activated.
- Navigate to “WP Show Posts > Add New” and configure your list.
- Copy the shortcode provided for you when adding your new list.
- Add your shortcode to your desired page or post.
This plugin developer is exceptionally good at making things logical which translates into a super easy interface and almost no time to learn how to use things. This plugin has so much for the free version but I bought the paid version because, well, honestly the developer deserves every dime of it. This plugin just makes your site display things so much more elegantly. It really works well too. no bugs or things you just have to accept to use it, it’s just solid! Well done!
Very good, but needs some improvement.
Very nice plugin
It is a top-notch plugin. It is easy to use, useful, fast and with many customization options. Tested with some other themes, works flawlessly. I was looking for a post customization plugin for one of my clients. This plugin did the trick! Thanks Tom for your super efficient coding ability and great service.
This plugin is so customizable with included options that it can do more than you think at first sight. I love everything about it! The support by plugin author Tom is outstanding!
Thank you so much Tom!
Contributors & Developers
“WP Show Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Add new hook inside image container: wpsp_inside_image_container
- Fix issue with pagination and random post ordering
- Clean up defaults to only include free options
- Add margin to the top of pagination
- Use manual excerpt if it’s set
- Fix bug where terms weren’t saving
- Strip oembed URLs from excerpt
- Strip shortcodes from excerpts
- Add ellipses after excerpts
- Fix some broken text domains for translations
- Prevent direct access to files
- Add prefix to all column classes to avoid conflicts
- Use wp_trim_words() function for excerpts
- Fix conflict with Maintenance plugin
- Make columns full width on mobile
- Allow more tag usage when excerpt is set
- Add blank option in widget to fix bug in Customizer/Elementor
- Add height: auto to images to prevent image stretching in Beaver Builder
- Prevent horizontal scrolling when posts are in columns
- Change “More query args” section name to “More settings”
- Allow multiple IDs in “Post ID” option
- Add “Exclude IDs” option
- Add “No results message” option
- Add “WP Show Posts” widget to add posts in widget areas
- Fix conflict with Yoast SEO causing taxonomy and terms fields to be blank
- Add support for translations
- Fix column width issue when content is disabled
- Fix pagination issue when post list is on the front page
- Disable pagination in single posts
- Fix saving of taxonomy and terms fields
- Force no underline on read more buttons
- Remove attachment post type from list for now
- Don’t show pagination if there’s no posts
- Move wpsp_before_title hook into the
* New hook: wpsp_before_wrapper
* New hook: wpsp_before_header
- Fix issue with posts showing up in wrong area on page
- Remove read more link if the tag is used
- Wrap read more button in div: .wpsp-read-more
- Initial release