This plugin logs security breach attempts and displays them for review by an administrator. Presently, two types of security breaches are logged: all error 404 attempts (which include phishing attempts looking for vulnerable PHP libraries such as “timthumb.php”) and all failed login attempts (which include serial password attempts).
- Unzip ‘wp-security-log.zip’ inside the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory or install via the built-in WordPress plugin installer.
- Activate the plugin through the WordPress ‘Plugins’ admin page.
- That’s it: all logging functions are enabled automatically.
- Go to the “WP Security Logs -> Options” admin options page for an overview of the log results and to review the options available.
- Go to the “WP Security Logs -> Error 404 Log” admin options page to review the contents of the error 404 log.
- Go to the “WP Security Logs -> Login Attack Log” admin options page to review the contents of the login attack log.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Security Log” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Initial release with two log services (login attack and error 404).