Complete Setup Tutorial
Did you always want to increase the user interaction on your website by rating products/services/anything? We at MyThemeShop understand your need, & created a premium Review plugin. We are now distributing it for FREE to give back to the WordPress community. We have been given so much by the WordPress community, it’s time to give back.
WP Review plugin is an easy yet powerful way to review content easily, without affecting the speed of your site. If you’re a blogger, you probably occasionally review or rank products, services, tools, recipes, or other content on your site. WP Review plugin is a customizable and lightweight way to create reviews, using stars, percentage or point rating, and it includes support for translation, WPMU, Google rich snippets and unlimited colors. Just install it and follow the simple configuration instructions to place it in your desired location.
Why WP Review from MyThemeShop:
- Fastest review plugin.
- Stars, percentage and point rating system.
- Supports Google Rich Snippets(schema.org)
- 100% Fluid Responsive.
- Option to set Global Position.
- Option to change Global Colors.
- Option to change individual review Colors and Positions.
- Included tabbed widget to show recent reviews and popular reviews.
- WP Multisite and Multiuser (WPMU / WPMS / WordPress MU) compatible.
- Design it as you want, unlimited color options.
- Easily use it in both Free and Premium WordPress Themes.
- Translation Ready.
- Reviews are displayed to visitors in a friendly format.
- Completely customizable, including which fields to ask for, require, and show.
- Minimal design but could be instantly made modern.
- Works with caching plugins and all majority of themes.
- Easy to modify the CSS to better fit your theme style.
- Support for adding your own custom fields.
- Minimalist, lightweight, and efficient code means that your users wonít notice any hiccups.
- Position it above or below the content with ease and no coding.
- Supports Shortcode [wp-review] to show review anywhere in post.
- Developer friendly – Useful filters are included! So you can use it in your themes.
All support for this plugin is provided through our forums. If you have not registered yet, you can do so for FREE by signing up on our website.
You can also check our WordPress Training videos
If you still feel stuck, please feel free to open a new thread on our Support Forum. A member of our support team will be happy to help.
Yes, this plugin is so developer friendly, so you could use it with any theme you develop. Define default CSS, custom position, one line integration in your theme’s code.
Show average review in your theme using below function:
You can find full list of the available filters here https://github.com/MyThemeShop/WP-Review-by-MyThemeShop/blob/master/filter-list.php.
GitHub link: https://github.com/MyThemeShop/WP-Review-by-MyThemeShop
You can also use the WP Review plugin for creating product reviews and pair it up with a WordPress Ecommerce Theme to increase the trust of new users on your website.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the
wp-reviewfolder to the to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You can see rating options on single post editor.
- Configure the available rating options as you want.
- User rating not working
Please disable all plugins and check if rating is working properly. Then you can enable all plugins one by one to find out which plugin is conflicting with WP Rating plugin.
We started with the free version. A very simple one and following the advertisement for the Pro-Version on MyThemeShop. It looks good and easy. But, the benefit compare to the free version is in reality minimal and not so easy. And there is no relation to the price (39US$ per year!). We paid the discounted US27$.
One part of the advertising is the money back guaranty.
We asked for after two hours of testing the pro version – they refused.
Thats far away from serious business.
Simple and to the point. It also adds the ratings you have given in the posts admin page.
Is that a new way to steal my money, I paid for Wp-review pro plugin and didnt even received the plugin.. where is my plugin.. money has been deducted but no plugin.. I need my money back or plugin..
Be careful and think is it worth buying. I bought from them, in the end everything did not work properly despite the declared “30 days refund” they just shut me access to the site. Now filed a complaint against them, but before you buy you should consider. These guys are crooks, just kidding.
Works exactly as intended. Had a small issue during implementation and was resolved soon by the author. Good support.
Four stars for now.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Review” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed color picker issue in the Theme Customizer
- Improved support for older PHP versions
- Fixed widget title issue
- Embedded full video tutorial
- Fixed: final rating can now be entered manually again
- Fixed: removed unneeded code related to circle review type
- Fixed: backlink option is not enabled by default anymore. Sorry about that!
- Fixed decimals issue in Point reviews
- Fixed bug preventing reviews to appear on Pages
- Added back missing Widget Title field
- Replaced anonymous functions for compatibility with older PHP versions
- Added optional backlink
- Removed unneeded Review Links metabox
- Huge code improvement and optimization
- Choose any rating type for user reviews (user reviews were restricted to stars before)
- View and edit user ratings from the WordPress dashboard
- Added Drag & Drop for Review Items
- Added Rating Column on ‘Posts’ page
- For developers: Review box templates – Create custom review box templates
- For developers: Rating type templates – Create custom rating types
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- NOTE: After updating the plugin, existing user ratings must be migrated in Settings > WP Review Pro > Migrate Ratings
- Fixed spelling mistake in notification
- Fixed notification closing issue
- Fixed function conflict with WP Subscribe Plugin
- Switched to PHP 5 style constructor method for the widget class
- Rating stars are showing on search engine results page
- Fixed Google structured data testing tool errors and warnings
- Fixed star rating issue on small screens.
- Removed extra closing span tag in markup
- Added Title option for widget
- Added Title Length option for widget
- Added Filter to control default title length
- Added optional ‘id’ parameter for shortcode
- Added filter to modify style output
- Added loading animation in widget
- Fixed minor bug in user ratings
- Fixed text from review box appearing in widgets
- Fixed PHP notice on reviews with only total rating and no criteria
- Added version number to wp_enqueue_ functions
- Added filter to remove banner from options page
- Fixed Stars were not appearing in Tabbed widget.
- Fixed error appearing when plugin settings weren’t saved.
- Fixed JS issues.
- Fixed Tabbed Widget issue.
- Added Options Panel for Global Option
- Added option to set Global Colors.
- Added option to Global position.
- Added option to add Global Features.
- Added option to change review description title (Summary).
- Added option to hide Description and Total Rating.
- Added option to add your own Total Score.
- Fixed schema tag issue in wp_review_show_total()
- Fixed jQuery issue.
- Fixed post preview issue.
- Fixed conflict with Redux Framework, Visual Composer and Mailpoet.
- Added New Filters.
- Updated No Preview thumbnail.
- Merged Star and Loader icon files in one.
- Fixed many small bugs.
- Optimized code for better performance.
- Fixed average star rating number issue.
- Added New filter to exclude post types.
- Updated filter list.
- Major security updates
- New AJAXified Tab widget for Popular and Recent reviews, try it, you gonna love it.
- Language file updated fully.
- Added a nonce (a security token) to ensure that the user actually voted from the review
- More developer possibilities
- Added filters for developers. Using a filter is much better than a function for setting the default colors.
- Compatible with WordPress 3.9 Beta
- Plugin will support the widget customizer coming up in WordPress 3.9
- Fixed the,
'switching in to
[wp-review]shortcode to show the ratings anywhere in the content.
- Added an option to not show review automatically in the Review Location dropdown.
- Added support for Custom post types and pages.
- For Developers Added new function for showing only total rating, it could be used in themes’ archives. A custom class name can be passed to the function, for easier customization. See
wp_review_show_total()function in includes/functions.php file. There’s also a shortcode for it, just in case: [wp-review-total]
- For Developers Added the default colors which appear in the meta boxes are now stored in an option. It can be modified directly with
update_option(), or using the new
wp_review_set_default_colors()function, which is also called on plugin activation to set the plugin’s default colors.
- Made small CSS and responsive improvements.
- Official plugin release.