What is it?
This is a plugin to be used with WP-RESTful Plugin for WordPress, it is not a direct WordPress Plugin. This will not work unless you have WP-RESTful installed and active on your WordPress Installation.
By using this plugin your REST API will be able to return User information and verify user credentials.
This Plugin also comes with a fully functional Widget that will enable you to login with other blogs as long as they also use this plugin and allow it. User Sessions are virtualized.
- Share user information through the API.
- Verify Credentials.
- Login with external Blogs.
- Session Virtualization.
You need to have WP-RESTful installed and active for this Plugin to work.
You can find additional information by visiting this plugin homepage: http://www.joseairosa.com/2010/06/29/wp-restful-wordpress-plugin/
What’s in the cooking pan?
If you have any features that you would like to see implemented, please don’t hesitate to tweet me (http://twitter.com/joseairosa) or mail me (email@example.com) 🙂
- First you need to download it from WordPress Plugin Repository.
- Upload the contents of the compacted file to your plugin folder on your WordPress installation.
- Go to your WordPress Administration page and activate the Plugin (Plugins → Installed → WP-RESTful Users → Activate)
- Go to WP-RESTful → Server to configure it.
- How can I activate the Widget
As soon as you activate this plugin go to Widgets under Appearance, find “Network Login” and drag&drop it onto your sidebar.
- I’ve activated the Widget and my sidebar is different
This is normal if you didn’t use the Widgets in the first place. As soon as you add a Widget you’ll be using the dynamic sidebar, therefore you need to configure it by dragging all the content you want from the left side onto the sidebar.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP RESTful Users Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release