WP Random Post Dater is a WordPress plugin that will change the date of your posts to any random date in the past or future. You can select how many days in the past (or future, or a mix) you want the post date to be changed to.
You can randomly set the dates on ALL posts, or only ones in a certain category, or only ones with a certain tag.
More info: http://www.internetsplash.com/blog/wp-random-post-dater/
Video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7_C058wy4UY
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Under settings -> WP Random Post Dater you can use the plugin
- Can I randomly change the date on ALL posts
Yes, just leave the category or tag drop downs as they are (set to ALL POSTS)
- Can I randomly change the date on all posts in a certain category or with a certain tag?
Yes, you can select to randomly change the date on all posts within a certain category, or all posts with a certain tag
- Can I randomly change the dates on selected posts (all, in a category, or with a tag) to a date in the past?
Yes, just change the ‘days in past’ drop down to however far away in the past you want the maximum possible oldest post
- Can I randomly change the dates on selected posts (all, in a category, or with a tag) to a date in the future?
Yes, leave the days in past drop down at 0 and put the days in future for whatever value you want.
- Can I randomly change the dates on selected posts (all, in a category, or with a tag) to a date in the future OR the past?
Yes, just use both the Days in past and days in future input box.
I need more functionality for this plugin , is there still support for this plugin ??
I would like to hae it randomize automatically (without any conform button) just run the plugin (i have several posts that should be randomized every time a user views a page or at least at a interval of minutes
Contributors & Developers
“WP Random Post Dater” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version