This plugin speed-up page load times and improve website scores in services like PageSpeed, YSlow, Pingdom and GTmetrix.
This plugin will…
- Remove any query strings from static resources like CSS & JS files
- Add Vary: Accept-Encoding header, and
- Set expires caching (leverage browser caching).
Follow the development of this plugin on GitHub
P.S. It is always the best policy to open a support thread first before posting any negative review.
- Upload the ‘wp-performance-score-booster’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/‘ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- That’s it!
- What does this plugin do?
- Any specific requirements for this plugin to work?
- GZIP compression should be enabled in your web-server (apache?). If not then you can ask your web hosting provider.
- .htaccess in your WordPress root folder must have write permissions.
- Is that it?
Pretty much, yeah.
It’s the best plugin to optimize your WordPress website. Just install, activate and it does it’s magic. I am using it on all my websites.
This plugin gave me the best loading times, and didn’t mess my site up like other cache and minify plugins.. So far I love it!
Best speed plugin I’ve found. Great job. Thank you for providing this.
Great plugin works as promised. Also great support. I had questions and I got all the answers I needed.
I work with the latest version of DIVI 3.0.34 and I have activated your 2 plugins:
With this plugin activated or deactivated, I tested my website on different speed test websites, including Google’s. Not only do they show that the website loads just as fast without it, Google also says that browser leverage caching isn’t active. I have checked the .htaccess file and the code is there, but it doesn’t seem to be working.
I don’t know if the GZIP code is working but it doesn’t seem to make the site any faster.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Performance Score Booster” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.7.2, March 21, 2017
- Improved Promos, News and Updates, and recommendations area.
1.7.1, February 10, 2017
- Improved recommendations area.
1.7, September 15, 2016
- Fixed css conflict with WP Super Minify.
- Improved deactivation and uninstallation hooks.
- Organised file structure (custom MVC Skeleton).
- Added hosting recommendations.
1.6, July 26, 2016
- Improved UI.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Minified CSS.
1.5, February 02, 2016
- Fixed conflict with Divi and Divi Builder.
- Moved Options / Settings under ‘Settings’ menu.
- Added ‘Settings’ option directly under plugins (installed plugins) page.
- Amended ‘News and Updates’ section.
1.4, February 28, 2015
- Added News and Updates section in admin options.
1.3.1, December 30, 2014
- Fixed issues with htaccess causing internal server error.
1.3, December 29, 2014
- Fixed issues with htaccess custom rules overrides.
- WP Performance Score Booster now adds rules to htaccess outside default WordPress block.
1.2.2, December 27, 2014
- Added support for language translations.
1.2.1, November 17, 2014
- Removed (temporarily) feature to enqueue scripts to footer.
1.2, November 17, 2014
- Added feature to enqueue scripts to footer.
- Added support for Vary: Accept-Encoding header.
- Fixed minor issues for remove query strings from static resources.
1.1.1, September 02, 2014
- Added feature (for urls with &ver) to remove query strings from static resources.
1.1, August 31, 2014
- Added Admin Options / Settings.
1.0, August 26, 2014
- Initial release.
- Born of WP Performance Score Booster.