WP Performance Pack is your first choice for speeding up WordPress core the easy way, no core patching required. It features options to improve localization performance and image handling (faster upload, reduced webspace usage). Combined with CDN support for images, both on the site and in the admin area, this offers similar image acceleration as Jetpack's Photon.
- Serve (dynamically generated) images through CDN. Applies to all images uploaded via media library both in posts and backend. No need to save thumbnails locally.
- Fallback to local serving if CDN fails to return a valid response.
- Dynamic image links: Image urls are generated dynamically when displaying post content.
- Supported CDNs: CoralCDN, MaxCDN, Custom
Improve image handling
- Don't create intermediate images on upload.
- Dynamically create intermediate images on access.
- Either save or cache created images for fast subsequent access.
- Use EXIF thumbnail (if available) as source for thumbnail images. This improves memory and cpu usage as the source for the thumbnail is much smaller.
- Adjust quality settings for intermediate images.
- Regenerate Thumbnails integration: Hook into the thumbnail regeneration process to delete existing intermediate images. Supported plugins: Regenerate Thumbnails, AJAX Thumbnail Rebuild, Simple Image Sizes
- EWWW Image Optimizer support. If installed and activated EWWW Image Optimizer (and it's Cloud version) will be used to optimized saved intermediate images. Not saved images won't get optimized!
Improve localization performance
- Simple user interface to automatically set best available settings
- Dynamic loading of translation files, only loading and localizing used strings.
- Use of PHP gettext extension if available.
- Disable back end localization while maintaining front end localization.
- Allow individual users to reactivate Dashboard localization via profile setting.
- Caching of localizations to further improve translation performance. A persistent object cache has to be installed for this to be effective.
- Debug Bar integration
WPPP is available in the following languages: english, german, spanish (WebHostingHub)