WP My Twitter will display your recent Twitter Tweets. Works in your theme, with shortcode, or as a Widget.
- Download the zip file and extract the twitter.php file.
- Upload twitter.php to your WordPress plugins folder.
- Login to the WordPress admin area and activate the plugin.
- Browse to WordPress Settings and then the WP My Twitter tab. Enter your Twitter username and password and click update
Displaying your Tweets:
As a Sidebar Widget (Requires WordPress 2.3+ and a Widget-ready Theme)
- Login to the WordPress admin area and browse to the Appearance Tab
- Browse to the Widgets Tab and Enable WP My Twitter
In Posts/Pages with Shortcode (WordPress 2.5+):
- When writing or editing a page or post, insert the code
[WPMyTwitter]to display your recent tweets.
- Optionally specifiy the number of tweets you want to display. Defaults to 5.
In Your Theme:
- Insert the following code where you want your Twitter feed to appear in your blog template:
- Optionally pass a Count to set the max number of tweets to display. Defaults to 5.
<?php WPTwitter_GetTweets(10); ?>
- What are the requirements for WP My Twitter?
- WordPress 2.x+
- PHP 5+
- PHP CURL support (to connect to Twitter)
- A Twitter Account
Contributors & Developers
“WP My Twitter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Now uses WP Cron for loading and caching Tweets
- Powered by link is now optional
- Bugfix for limiting the number of tweets displayed