This plugin integrates the Minify engine
into your WordPress blog. Once enabled, this plugin will combine and compress
JS and CSS files to improve page load time.
How Does it Work?
WP Minify grabs JS/CSS files in your generated WordPress page and passes that
list to the Minify engine. The Minify engine then returns a consolidated,
minified, and compressed script or style for WP Minify to reference in the
- Easily integrate Minify into your WordPress blog.
- Debug tools to help you debug your issues.
- Ability to include extra JS and CSS files for Minifying.
- Ability to exclude certain JS and CSS files for Minifying.
- Minified JS and CSS files can be placed wherever you want.
- Support for to minifying external files via caching.
- Ability to pass extra arguments to Minify engine.
- Expire headers for minified JS and CSS files.
- Detection and elimination of duplicate sources.
- Plugin hooks!
- Upload the plugin to your plugins folder: ‘wp-content/plugins/’
- Make sure ‘wp-content/plugins/wp-minify/cache’ is writeable by the
web server. (try ‘chmod 777 wp-content/plugins/wp-minify/cache’)
- Activate the ‘WP Minify’ plugin from the Plugins admin panel.
- Where is the documentation?
If you are having problems with this plugin, please first take a look at the
various links under the “Documentation” section of the
- I still can’t get it to work after reading the documentation!
Please take a look at documentation available on the
to see if any of them can help you. If not, feel free to post your issues
on the appropriate plugin support forum.
I will try my best to help you resolve any issues that you are having.
best note for you .
Nosotros lo tenemos en nuestra web y es bueno.
Este plugin me ayudo bastante a mejorar mi puntacion en Google Page Insights, Gmetrics y Pingdom en mi blog de programacion y ahora es mucho mas rapido que antes.
Lo recomiendo ampliamente, ademas es muy facil de utilizar.
I can confirm this plugin works with WP version 3.6.1 first of all.
I was getting performance notifications from Google and running various pages of my site through Insights, I got lots of red warnings.
Installed this and they all disappeared. Incombination with WP Super Cache my site is on fire. Check out it’s performance at 365tracking.net
Wow your a blessing now my Miami SEO can run better. I’m like at 2 seconds plus now from like 7
Contributors & Developers
“WP Minify” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tested with 3.3.2
- No longer showing attribution link by default.
- Changed donation phrasing.
- Removed unnecessary error_log line.
- Set User Agent as “WP-Minify” when curling things.
- Cleaned up some old code.
- Added last modified time to pretty URLs.
- Updating it_IT translation (thanks Gianni Diiurno!).
- Added uk translation (thanks Jurko Chervony!).
- Extra precautions when printing last modified time variable (?m= vs. &m=)
- Fixed documentation.
- Made pretty URL off by default since it doesn’t work for everybody.
- Added it_IT translation (thanks Gianni Diurno!)
- Re-did options page and documentation to make things a bit more clear.
- Fixed incomplete /min/config.php file.
- Fixed “Class ‘WPMinifyCommon’ not found” errors that some are seeing.
- Added pretty URL for minified files so now you can stick it on a CDN.
- Organized options page.
- Fixed conflict with W3 Total Cache.
- Fixed “Invalid argument supplied for foreach()” error that some are having.
- Adding options for excluding certain URIs from WP Minify parsing.
- Reverting bbpress fix since it causs Minify to not even run.
- Added option to minify HTML.
- Added ability to NOT minify when “wp-minify-off=1” is in URL.
- Added option to report errors through FirePHP.
- Added “wp_minify_js_url” filter
- Added “wp_minify_css_url” filter
- Added “wp_minify_content” filter
- Enhanced “CSS files to include” feature.
- Fixed persistent SSL issue (Thanks belg4mit!)
- Fixed bbpress issue (Thanks foobar!)
- Fixed removing trailing slash in base path.
- Fixed “delimiter” error.
- Fixed admin sidebar.
- Automatically set far future expiration headers in Minify config (30 days).
- Automatically detect subdirectory from siteurl for passing as base path
for Minify engine.
- Added SSL option to force http -> https on secured pages.
- Updated common.php and some other maintenance.
- Fixed WPMU subdirectory bug.
- Added ability to de-dupe sources
- Added ability to manually specify location of minified JS and CSS files.
- Fixed XHTML compliance bugs
- Cleaned empty lines in HTML output
- Fixed detecting if script is local or not.
- Fixed corner case on expire headers implementation.
- Add expire headers to combined JS and CSS files (Thanks Jan Seidl!).
- Fixed extra arguments for Minify engine.
- Added advanced options:
- Minification on external files
- Extra arguments for Minify engine
- Removed wp_path option (Thanks Jan Seidl!)
- Fixed Output Buffer conflicts with other plugins that use output buffering
such as All-in-One SEO and Anarchy Media Player.
- Fixed URL building (bug introduced by last release).
- Brought back WordPress path settings as some people with .htaccess issues
may still need this.
- Fixed CSS regex to catch “media=”” case. (Thanks forum user bobmarkl33!)
- Fixed WP Minify working with blogs installed in subdirectory of webroot.
(Thanks forum user Luke!)
- Removed WordPress path settings as this is no longer needed per Luke’s fix.
- Fixed admin array_keys() bug
- Updated .pot file.
- Added .pot file.
- Upgraded to Minify engine 2.1.3.
- Added automatic Minify engine cache configuration.
- Fixed HTML5
* Fixed bug from blog installed in subdirectory.
* Fixed localization.
- Added option to disable JS or CSS minification.
- Fixed a few bugs.
- Admin facelift
- Fixed non-replaced tag for valid XHTML usage.
- Automatically exclude CSS conditionals.
- Automatically exclude CSS media != all, or screen.
- Automatically exclude https URLs.
- Added sanity checking for buffer start & stop.
- Moved buffer start to init with priority 99999.
- Fixed “strpos()” warnings when settings have empty lines.
- Fixed “URL file-access disabled” errors.
- Fixed “implode()” warnings.
- WP 2.8 Compatibility
- Fixed another CSS exclusion bug (src_match -> href_match).
- Fixed JS WP Minify bug passing double forward slashes when not needed.
- Added media=”screen” for minified CSS reference.
- Changed the way CSS and JS files are picked up. No more wp_enqueue_*
- Fixed exclusion bug where specified files are not excluded from
- Removed OMNINOGGIN dashboard widget.
- Fixed array_slice() warning in the admin dashboard.
- Fixed version check to not break page when $wp_version is empty.
- Initial release