This plugin allows you to set the email address and name used on email sent by WordPress by setting the From: header.
It is an updated and fully re-worked version of the WP Mail From plugin by Tristan Aston and now works with the latest versions of WordPress.
- Adds a “Mail From” section in the “Settings” menu.
- The plugin uses the filter hooks
- The priority for the hooks is set to 1 to allow for other plugins that may hook these with the default priority of 10 to override this plugin.
Danish translation by Frederik Svarre (www.fslab.dk)
- Why does the From address still show as the default or show up as ‘sent on behalf of’ the default address?
Possibly your mail server has added a Sender: header or is configured to always set the envelope sender to the user calling it.
- Why are emails not being sent?
Some hosts may refuse to relay mail from an unknown domain. See https://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5007 for more details.
I have a WordPress installation on a local network, sending emails through sSMTP. The mail relay does not allow default "From" addresses to have "wordpress@home" with no ".com." The plugin allows me to change the email address to be valid, and allows mails to go through.
Great plugin. This is the only 1 out 4 (found here on WP.org repo) that would work in one of WP Engine's environment (one of of their different infrastructure providers).
- Add options to override default WordPress email address and admin email address.
- Added ‘wp_mailfrom_ii_default_from’ filter so you can add compatibility if the pluggable wp_mail() function is altered to use a different default email address.
- Delete plugin options when uninstalled.
- Reworked as a singleton class.
- Remove filter support for original WP MailFrom plugin.
- Only set email address and name if overwriting the default WordPress values.
- Correctly style save settings button.
- Pretty much re-coded from scratch – now based around a core WP_MailFrom_II class.
- Uses the WordPress Settings API.
- Stores name and email as
wp_mailfrom_ii_emailoptions. Upgrade support provided for old options.