WP Login Security provides enhanced security for blog administrators by requiring administrators to register or whitelist their IP address.
If the IP address is not recognized, the plugin will send an email to the blog administrator with a link that contains a one-time key.
What does this Plugin do?
- Each time a user logs in, the plugin will compare their existing IP address to the last seen IP address.
- If the IP does not match or no IP addresses have been whitelisted, an email will be sent to the users registered email address.
- The user must login to their email and click the included link, which contains the one-time password. Note: passwords expire after
- The plugin can be configured to also send an email to the blog administrator as well as the user.
- Ability to update whitelist from within admin interface.
- Custom set expiry time for one-time key
- Admin activity audit/access log
This Plugin works without you having to make any changes.
- Search for the plugin using the WordPress Plugin Installer OR download and unzip the directory into your plugins directory
- Activate the Plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress – Upon activation, your current IP will be automatically whitelisted.
- Enjoy the enhanced security!
Contributors & Developers
“WP Login Security” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Default is now enabled after activation. Plugin was not setup to provide protection after activation before.
- Minor corrections of all version numbers
- First Release. Provides base administrator whitelisting functionality.