This plugin simply adds reCAPTCHA to your login form. By adding reCAPTCHA to your login form, you can prevent bot / script from trying to login to your WordPress website.
This plugin only works on default WordPress login page such as http://www.example.com/wp-login.php
- You must have reCAPTCHA account. It is free. You can login on https://www.google.com/recaptcha
The installation process.
- Upload to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory. Or directly upload from your Plugin management page.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- On your WP Admin, navigate under “Settings” menu, there is “WP Login reCAPTCHA” sub menu.
- Open that “WP Login reCAPTCHA” sub menu.
- Fill both public and private reCAPTCHA keys there (REQUIRED).
- Why should i use reCAPTCHA and not (put_other_captcha_here) ?
- What if somehow i entered wrong reCAPTCHA setting (for example wrong Public Key, etc), i can not login to my WordPress site
Open your wp-login-recaptcha.php file. You can find it under your
Change this line
And modify it into
Refresh your login form, and reCAPTCHA will dissapear on your login form.
You can login now and fix your reCAPTCHA setting from admin page.
Works Perfectly on Every Site Tested
Good protection for login pages, most bots will be stoped if the reCAPTCHA has not been set by a real visitor.
Everybody who has problem go and install recaptcha!
Nobody can’t do it for you. You have to get YOUR OWN API here:
GET RECAPTCHA API FROM GOOGLE!
This is the same “light” captcha (Google based) that most basic sites like posting sites use now. i.e. Craigslist etc. It’s a one button click for most logins. It’s NOT heavy Armour if that’s what you’re needing. We use it for BOTS and automated login attempts. If you want to keep REAL hackers out… you’ll need to go a bit heavier. Easy install and works well. For the “average dummy”……great plugin.
As of the writing of this review, there is a fairly critical flaw in this plugin, that may or may not be related to specific themes, although that is unlikely…
If you run an eCommerce site, where customers will be logging in to the frontend of your site to access their ‘my-account’ page, such as in Woocommerce, then beware that this plugin may prevent customers from logging in, as for some reason it will throw a 404 error for a page not being found, as it somehow interacts with frontend login’s even though it is designed to only work in the backend login area (/wp-login.php)…
So if you run an eCommerce setup, make sure after installing this plugin that you create a customer account and try logging in from the frontend of your site, if you get a ‘page not found’ error, it is this plugin.
I still give the plugin 3 stars because for a non-eCommerce site where you don’t have people logging in to the frontend, it works great… Greatly reduces the number of bots trying to login to all the sites I manage.
I would like to see support in the future from the developer to allow for frontend logins that doesn’t conflict with the plugin, or simply allow for the recaptcha to show up anywhere a login form is dropped… Or maybe include a shortcode that we could use on the frontend login page so customers could login without getting a 404 page for not completing the recaptcha.
But for an author that is handing out a nice little piece of security tech, can’t complain too much 🙂
Después de instalarlo, puedes hacer login perfectamente sin marcar la pestaña de reCHAPTCHA
Contributors & Developers
“WP Login reCAPTCHA” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Add additional code to prevent this plugin to be activated if site / secret key is still empty.
- Add language option in WP Login reCAPTCHA setting page.
- Fits reCAPTCHA perfectly on login box (style fix).
- Add Setting link on WordPress plugin list menu.
- WP reCAPTCHA plugin is no longer required to be installed. This plugin can work alone now.
- Update for latest WP ReCAPTCHA plugin update. There is a small interface bug on WP-admin menu, which is the menu link of WP reCAPTCHA will be displayed twice. However everything is working normally on the user side.
- Bug fix for latest WP ReCAPTCHA plugin update.
- Add option to change reCAPTCHA color (theme).
- Readme update.
- Small fix.
- First release.