The plugin provides a settings screen where you can set the maximum number of tags which are allowed to be assigned to posts. It also allows you to choose which post types have restricted tag assignment. It works for all taxonomies that are non-hierarchical.
On the post edit screen, for those posts activated, you will not be allowed to add more than allowed number of tags.
None so far!
Notice, that this "only" hides the "add"-button and the tag-cloud and doesn't allow comma as soon as the maximum of X tags is reached.
- Prevent users from choosing tags from the tag cloud of most popular tags once the tag limit is reached. Thanks to ezkay for reporting this issue.
- Make sure it works when tags already present.
- Make sure tags get limited as you are typing in the tags input box.
- Load JS on the correct admin screen only
- Remove the quick edit from any post type that has limited tags set. This prevents this from being used to add tags this way.
- Initial release