WP-LightForm is an AJAX / PHP contact form with spam protection, form validation and custom form elements.
To get a feel for what WP-LightForm is really about, try the interactive demo.
- Download the latest copy of [WP-LightForm](http://artflutter.com/wp-lightformfrom “WP-LightForm at Art Flutter) and extract the archive (If you’re reading this then you have probably already done it).
- Open send.php with a text editor and enter the email address you would like to use as the recipient of the contact form in the $to parameter.
- Upload the wp-lightform directory to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ for WP-LightForm.
- Enter the shortcode [LightForm] in the WordPress post/page you would like to display the contact form.
- How can I modify the layout of the contact form?
At the core of WP-LightForm is a XHTML Form element, to add or modify elements you can change the $formoutput string in lightform.php as you would a normal XHTML document. To modify the css styles to better suit your site you will need to change css/lightform.css.
- What browsers do you support?
- Does WP-LightForm only work on WordPress 2.5.1 and later?
Good question, my testing concludes that it definitely does work in version 2.5.1. Anything above and below that is untested, so if you decide to give this plugin a try on any other version please let me know how it went by leaving a comment.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-Lightform” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Formcheck image pre-loading disabled in Internet Explorer as images were appearing at the top of the screen.
- AJAX message sending now works successfully with Internet Explorer 6 & 7.
- utf-8 encoding of the email to support international characters.
- Recipient email address is now to be added directly to send.php for security reasons.
- CSS modified to hide the scrollbar in the textarea for Internet Explorer 6 & 7.
- CSS styled form elements to avoid conflicts with theme defaults.
- Fixed pre-loading of formcheck images in everything but Internet Explorer 6.
- Fixed message textarea appearing above message label in Internet Explorer 6 & 7.
- New Success / Fail images courtesy of ~dimpoart.
- Version 0.1
- Initial release