WP-LightForm is an AJAX / PHP contact form with spam protection, form validation and custom form elements.
To get a feel for what WP-LightForm is really about, try the interactive demo.
- How can I modify the layout of the contact form?
At the core of WP-LightForm is a XHTML Form element, to add or modify elements you can change the $formoutput string in lightform.php as you would a normal XHTML document. To modify the css styles to better suit your site you will need to change css/lightform.css.
- What browsers do you support?
- Does WP-LightForm only work on WordPress 2.5.1 and later?
Good question, my testing concludes that it definitely does work in version 2.5.1. Anything above and below that is untested, so if you decide to give this plugin a try on any other version please let me know how it went by leaving a comment.
- Formcheck image pre-loading disabled in Internet Explorer as images were appearing at the top of the screen.
- AJAX message sending now works successfully with Internet Explorer 6 & 7.
- utf-8 encoding of the email to support international characters.
- Recipient email address is now to be added directly to send.php for security reasons.
- CSS modified to hide the scrollbar in the textarea for Internet Explorer 6 & 7.
- CSS styled form elements to avoid conflicts with theme defaults.
- Fixed pre-loading of formcheck images in everything but Internet Explorer 6.
- Fixed message textarea appearing above message label in Internet Explorer 6 & 7.
- New Success / Fail images courtesy of ~dimpoart.
- Version 0.1
- Initial release