This plugin lets you keep the awesome Lightbox 2-functionality, but sheds the bulk of the Prototype Framework and Scriptaculous Effects Library.
Warren Krewenki ported Lightbox to jQuery and this plugin is mostly a wrapper to his work: providing localization support, an admin panel for configuration, (optional) auto-boxing of your image links and support for WordPress galleries, including media library titles and captions.
This version is also adjusted for mobile devices;
- Swipe gestures for flicking between images on touch devices
- Improved scaling maximizes use of screen space
- Live adjustment to the browser window and orientation of your phone
- Optional download link to display images in native app.
See the plugin in action here: http://game.hgo.se/blog/motion-capture/
You can browse images with your keyboard: Arrows, P(revious)/N(ext) and X/C/ESC for close.
If you value my plugins, please help me out by Flattr-ing them! Or perhaps send me a book? Used ones are fine! :)
- Fit to screen edge on low rez displays (<500px)
- Added global setting to hide title & caption
- Reduced the amount of code running for each image shown
- Updated German translation (thanks Niko23)
- Fix: swipe direction
- Fix: slideshow now waits for images to display before starting timer.
- Fix: support for latest jQuery
- Fix: WordPress encoding wrong quote mark in captions, causing duplicate texts to display.
- Added swipe gestures on touch devices
- Added slideshow
- Added support for multiple sets in one post (use:
group with the gallery-shortcode)
- Added support for arbitrary Download links via the
- Added support to pick text from the image ALT-attribute (if title is not available)
- Added translations: Norwegian Bokmål (thanks Ole Martin Kristiansen!)
- Fix regexp to deal with urls like http://www.gif.org. (Thanks Yannick Berker!)
- Fix changed common IDs to avoid collisions. (you'll have to update your CSS now!) (Hat tip; Pollmann Frederic)
- Fix better support of Infinite Scroll and similar
- Fix toggling visible state on unrelated object, embed and select nodes. mwolfe02
- Fix leaky CSS on admin page
- Improved scaling to maximize display area.
- Supports orientation / resize changes - Lightbox reflows with site.
- Added translation support (Thanks; Martin S & Denis N. Voituk).
- Added option to display download link.
- Added support for disabling all animations (set duration to 0).
- Fixed "duration" not having an effect.
- For Developers: public method to apply Lightbox to any string.
Older changelogs moved here.