Adds a “Job Region” taxonomy so the site administrator can control a set of predefined regions listings can be assigned to.
Note: Listings are not filtered by regions. They are simply used as an organization tool.
Where can I use this?
- Install and Activate
- Go to “Job Listings > Job Regions” and add regions.
The plugin idea is good and can be useful in many cases.
In my case, having a dropdown list instead of typing the location does not work, since for some jobs, the location can be small cities.
If it was the same old text input field, but with autocomplete from regions defined, it would be much better.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Job Manager – Predefined Regions” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.12.1: February 1, 2017
- Fix: Tested up to: WordPress 4.7.2
- Fix: Move .pot translation file to /languages directory
1.12.0: January 10, 2017
- New: Tested up to: WordPress 4.7
- Fix: String updates.
- Fix: Only adjust placeholder on our current field.
1.11.0: September 1, 2016
- New: Tested up to: WordPress 4.6
- New: add in option to disable filtering location
- New: add in new taxonomy for resumes
- Fix: Remove trailing slash and account for https
- Fix: Update settings strings
1.10.0: February 5, 2016
- New: Use
search_containsto search less strictly.
1.9.1: October 30, 2015
- Fix: Verify the region exists for alerts.
1.9.0: September 1, 2015
- Fix: WP Job Manager – Alerts support
- Fix: Reset
- Fix: uninstall.php
- Fix: RSS Feeds
1.8.1: August 31, 2015
- Fix: Taxonomy registration priority to be used with widgets.
1.8.0: August 12, 2015
- Fix: Listify 1.0.6 compatibility.
1.7.3: April 1, 2015
- Fix: Make sure the regions dropdown can always replace the location input.
- Fix: Compatibility with WP Job Manager – Alerts.
1.7.2: March 17, 2015
- Fix: Properly place the standard dropdown for mobile devices.
1.7.1: March 15, 2015
- New: Add Chosen dropdown support.
- New: Add WP Job Manager Alerts support.
- New: Add Danish tranlsation.
- Tweak: Use $_REQUEST to add support for 1.21.0 of WP Job Manager.
- Fix: Remove extra whitespace.
1.7.0: January 8, 2015
- New: Add es_ES translation.
- Fix: Make sure translations can always properly be loaded.
- Fix: Always use the dropdown when on a region archive to help with sorting.
1.6.1: December 19, 2014
Fix: Outputting extra links in the job list.
1.6.0: December 17, 2014
- New: Add a class to the theme’s body tag so the location field can be hidden on term archive pages when filters are off.
- New: Add a filter to allow dropdown arguments to be modified.
- Fix: General code cleanup.
1.5.2: November 25, 2014
- Tweak: Turn off region dropdown for new installs.
1.5.1: October 13, 2014
- Fix: Properly unset location input to avoid polluted query.
1.5.0: September 9, 2014
- New: Regions can now be used to filter listings instead of the standard location text field.
1.4.0: May 22, 2014
- New: Use a custom template so the select box can have hierarchy.
1.3.1: January 20, 2014
- Fix: Avoid priority conflict with existing fields.
1.3: August 13, 2013
- Fix: Update wp-job-manager-locations.php
1.2: July 28, 2013
- Fix: Make sure the taxononmy is properly added.
- Fix: Don’t error if the plugin is activated, but no term is added via the backend
1.1: July 27, 2013
- New: Simple regions list output.
1.0: July 26, 2013
- First official release!