With this plugin you can use itheora script (included in this plugin) to add theora video on your blog.
ITheora is a PHP script allowing you to broadcast ogg/theora/vorbis only videos (and audios) files. It may suit the usual blogger or the expert webmaster.
- Add integration to wordpress editor (need a workaround to prevent the modification of code by visual mode)
- Add thumbnail features
- Add Create playlist option
- Correct some mistake in version release
- Resolve bug to fix: error when I give only the filename of a video without extension. Now work for me.
- Wp-itheora is i18n.
- Add send file and list file on “data” directory (in future list file on amazon s3)
- Add tag modification features of video
- Backup your previous videos if you use wp-itheora before version v0.1.2
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure wp-itheora
- Configure wp-itheora from the wp-itheora settings page.
- Upload your videos on your server or in the amazon s3 cloud. You can use the upload forms from wp-itheora video page.
- Use [wp-itheora] tag in your post. It is not necessary to disable WordPress visual editor, like in previous version.
- [wp-itheora] tag options?
You can set:
* video, witch video you want to use (just the filename of your video);
* width and height, dimension of video;
* remote, tell to use video store in the cloud (true or false, default is false);
* skin, which video-js skin to use default (no skin provide), vim, hu or tube;
* alternativeName, if you embend multiple video it is better to tell alternative name to your video;
- How videos are stored?
Videos are stored in folder with the same filename and with the same folder name. If you change a filename of a video and the filename doesn’t match the folder name, you cannot view this video.
In your wp-itheora tag you need to specify just the folder name, wp-itheora will search in the folder to retrive all the files.
example/ <–is the folder
example.jpg <– is the picture in the example folder
example.ogv <– is the ogg video
example.webm <– is the webm video
In wp-itheora you should specify just the name: “example”.
Present default video with default skin with haight and width of the video poster.
[wp-itheora video=myvideo remote=true]
Present “myvideo” video that is stored in the cloud.
Contributors & Developers
“itheora in wordpress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
This is the first version, there are some bugs to solve but it works fine for me.
This is for me a stable version with a basic feature. With this version I can create in a easy way an html code for my video to embend in my article, simply copy and paste the code.
wp-itheora is on WordPress Plugins Directory too, this version include little change in version name.
wp-itheora use itheora3-fork and video-js to view video. Add support to Amazon S3 cloud storage and now is possible to manage local and remote file. Add shortcode tag to insert video using wp-itheora.
Fix some mistake in previous version. This is the real new version of wp-itheora.
Use itheora3-fork version 0.1-beta.
Fix warning message of CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, waiting a new version of itheora3-fork.