WP-ISE: the Improved Search Engine for WordPress is a WordPress dedicated search engine, built with a single and simple goal in mind: offer a better search engine to WordPress, as the default one is not very useful. Works out of the box, no settings, just install it and activate it.
There are already good plugins in the same area, so I’ve looked at all of them, and built some kind of ‘mega-fork&mix’, getting ideas and solutions from each of them.
The plugin exists in Lite / Pro / Ultimate editions, you can find more info on the WP-ISE official website.
- from wordpress.org plugins directory
- Download wp-ise-lite.zip from wordpress.org and unzip it
wp-ise-litedirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- using the built in WordPress plugin installer
- search for WP-ISE
- install the plugin
- activate it
Put the search widget in a sidebar, or a search form somewhere on your pages. That’s all. Enjoy!
Are there some requirements?
You must have PHP5 and PDO enable in order to run this plugin. You also have to put the search widget in a sidebar, or a search form somewhere on your pages.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-ISE” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- automatic checking of prerequisites, deactivate plugin if one of them is not ok
- fist release