The plugin generates a virtual humans.txt file complying with the specifications
at humanstxt.org. The virtual file is located at
WordPress Install/humans.txt. The plugin is fast, lightweight and
straightforward to use.
- Generates a virtual humans.txt, no physical file is created on disk.
- Optional author link to be inserted in the html head section.
- Optional humans.txt button to be inserted in the wp footer.
- Provides an editor within WordPress admin to edit the humans.txt ‘file’.
- Dynamic template tags.
- Outputs as plain text, with utf-8 encoding.
- The editor allows the usage of the tab key for convenient editing.
- Uses WordPress’ system for on screen help documentation.
- Clean uninstall.
- Install the plugin either via the
WordPress.orgplugin directory, or by
uploading the files to your server (in the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Go to
Settings -> WP humans.txtand setup your info.
- Deactivate the plugin in the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- After Deactivation a
Deletelink appears below the plugin name, follow the
link and confim with
Yes, Delete these files.
- This will delete all the plugin files from the server as well as erasing all
options the plugin has stored in the database.
- Where can I get support?
This is a free plugin, so support is not guaranteed. Post your question in the
support forum and help might be provided by the developer or by the community.
- How can I contribute?
You can contribute with Bug Reports, Feature Requests or Pull Requests. Please
take a moment to review the guidelines for contributing.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Humans.txt” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Version 1.0.6 – 19 Dec 2015
- Fixes PHP notice message in WordPress debug mode.
- Bumps minimum required PHP version to 5.3.
Version 1.0.5 – 18 Dec 2015
- Implements dynamic template tags.
Version 1.0.4 – 15 Dec 2015
- Adjusts text domain and plugin slug to be compatible with language packs.
Version 1.0.3 – 14 Dec 2015
- Updates translatable strings to be Language Pack compatible.
Version 1.0.2 – 11 Sep 2014
- Added Swedish translation.
Version 1.0.1 – 17 Apr 2014
- Bugfix: Asset files were not loaded if folder name was changed.
Version 1.0 – 16 Apr 2013
- Adds a button to the plugin admin to quickly view the current humans.txt.
- Adds an insert button for a base template to the plugin admin.
- Adds more help sections and elaborates more on the help texts available from
the admin screen.
- Adds content type to the author meta link.
- Changes the plugin name to use capital H.
Version 0.3 – 16 Apr 2013
- Adds author link to the html head section.
- Adds selection of humans.txt buttons to display in the wp_footer, linking to
the humans.txt file.
- Adds notification message when settings are updated.
Version 0.2 – 11 Apr 2013
- Adds check so WordPress is properly configured for permalink rewrites.
- Adds help documentation within the plugin admin.
Version 0.1 – 11 Apr 2013
- Initial Release.