Simple editor htaccess file without using FTP client.
This plugin should be used only by experienced users!
- Extract the zip into the wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the Admin panel of your WordPress
- Go to Menu -> Htaccess
- Can create or edit the htaccess file
If your hosting does not allow you to create or modify files on the server, use another (better) hosting 🙂
- I edited my htaccess file and now my site does not work
You probably have a syntax error in the file or on the server you are not allowed any of the settings in your htaccess file.
Try to restore the original backup file. If restoration is not possible with this plugin, restore the backup file from the folder “wp-content ” manually.
This plugin is still going strong for me running WP 4.5.3
Makes life a lot simpler 🙂
Since this plugin does NOT touch the WordPress core, just places a new menu on Admin panel control panel where you can backup, restore and edit your htaccess file faster that FTP back and forth! Great job!
Contributors & Developers
“WP Htaccess Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added Spanish translation (Thanks to Andrew Kurtis from WebHostingHub.com)
- Updated design
- Updated info links
- Improved code
- Improved design
- Improved security
- Removed debug panel
- Updated translations
- Updated links
- Updated screenshots
- Adding plugin logo
- Fixed CHMOD
- Adding Czech and English language
- Adding debug panel
- Added information about the author and translators
- Fixed vulnerability
- Fixed bug loading translations files
- Optimized for minimum memory requirements
- Small code modifications
- Adding button for create .htaccess file if not exists
- Fixed bug in the permissions to view the plugin
- Optimized for smaller memory requirements
- First stable version
- Adding to WordPress repository