When your readers follow links from your blog, the linked site can see where they come from. Thus; your blog is known by every site you’ve ever linked to.
WP-HideRefer adds proxies to your outgoing links, keeping your site private!
There are many plugins to anonymize links. What makes WP-HideRefer better is:
- it’s 100% WordPress API compliant
- therefore; supports infinite-scroll (AJAX / streaming)
- it correctly filters your feeds and comments
- it can handle your manually anonymized links!
If you value my plugins, there’s several ways you can help me out;
- Help me out by Flattr-ing them
- or sign up to Microsoft OneDrive using my referral link – we both get 0.5GB extra for free!
- or sign up to RealPlayer Cloud using my referral link – we both get 1GB extra for free!
- get me anything from my Amazon whislisth (used items are OK!)
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
(Please note that WP-HideRefer requires PHP 5 or newer.)
Copyright (C) 2012- Ulf Benjaminsson (my first name at ulfben dot com).
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
- Extract the
wp-hiderefer-folder and transfer it to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings->WP-HideRefer to adjust settings.
- What’s the White List for?
Once the plugin is activated it redirects all links via a proxy, except for the URLs you enter in this list.
If you used to manually add proxies to your links, add those proxies to the White List to avoid double-proxying. You should also white list your own domain.
- What anonymizing services are supported?
You can use any service which runs of URL parameters.
Thanks to developer. nice job. setting panel is great opetion
Contributors & Developers
“WP-HideRefer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Don’t display warnings to end user when HTML is poorly formated.
Handle relative links correctly (ergo; don’t proxy internal links)