WP Headmaster is a free plugin to help correctly include, organise and enqueue common items into your theme’s head tag. WP Headmaster has been designed to work perfectly alongside other popular plugins like Yoast’s WordPress SEO, without any cross-over. WP Headmaster will continue to develop, but at present comes with the following features:
- Google Analytics – Simply add in your unique tracking ID and select from either Universal or Classic tracking. The GA tracking code will be added last within the head.
- Icons – Upload your website’s Favicon and Apple Touch Icon.
- jQuery – Choose to include jQuery either locally or from Google’s hosted API.
- Web Fonts – Embed your chosen fonts from Google Web Fonts, Adobe Edge Web Fonts and Typekit.
- Meta Author Tag – Is dynamically populated with the original author and last to modify the page.
You can learn more about WP Headmaster and our other free WordPress plugins on our website. You can also track progress and contribute to WP Headmaster on GitHub.
Installing and using WP Headmaster could not be simpler:
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Simply control all features from the Administrator Dashboard via ‘Settings > WP Headmaster’
- How to I restore WordPress’ default settings?
You can either disable the plugin, or empty all fields within the WP Headmaster settings.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Headmaster” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Headmaster” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- New page/post Meta Box for specifying both inline Scripts and Styles specifically for each page/post.
- Modernizr is now available to enqueue.
- Adobe Typekit & Edge Font Embedding.
- iOS Format Detection Meta Tag.
- Meta Author Tag now shows both the original page/post Author and the last to modify.
- jQuery section now displays the version number of the built-in copy.
- Respond.js Asset updated to the latest stable version (1.4.2).
- Updated the Google hosted jQuery versions.
- Quick-link to the settings page added from the ‘Installed Plugins’ overview.
- css3-mediaqueries-js removed in favour of just using Respond.js.
- Icon Uploader upgraded to 3.5 Media Library.
- Admin inline jQuery streamlined for better performance switching between the settings tabs.
- 3.8 admin design bugs fixed.
- Option to select the new Universal (beta) Google Analytics tracking code.
- Removed the Assets folder that shouldn’t be there.
- Initial release.