This plugin lets you show a different greeting message to your new visitors
depending on their referrer url. For example, when a Digg user clicks through
from Digg, they will see a message reminding them to digg your post if they
like it. Another example, when a visitor clicks through from Twitter, they
will see a message suggesting them to twit the post and follow you on Twitter.
You can also set a default greeting message for new visitors (not matching any
referrer URLs) suggesting them to subscribe to your RSS feed. Having these
targeted suggestions will help your blog increase exposure, loyal readership,
and reader interaction. Best of all, this plugin is compatible with WPMU
and various WordPress cache plugins (so you do not have to sacrifice speed).
- Show a different greeting message to your visitor depending on the referrer
URL. You can add/edit/delete/disable these greeting messages as you choose.
- Beautiful set of icons shipped along with the different default referrers.
- Clickable icon in greeting messages with target=_blank option.
- Greeting messages automatically get inserted into the top of your posts upon
activation. There is no need to modify theme files.
- Ability to auto-insert greeting message to the top or bottom of the post.
- Greeting messages can be user closeable or not.
- Ability to detect the visitor's search keywords from major search engines
and automatically display related posts under or above the greeting message.
- Show a default greeting message even if the vistor does not match any of
your configured referrer URL.
- Cache compatible mode makes use of AJAX to display greeting messages in the
frontend. This makes WP Greet Box compatible with other caching plugins
(such as WP Super Cache) and WPMU.
- AJAX administrative interface that uses nonce verification to discourage
- Ability to keep displaying the greeting message until after the user clicks
close for the first time. After that, the greeting message will not show up
for that user anymore.
- Ability to set a timeout to forget a visitor so we do not keep nagging them
with greeting messages.
- Ablity to set rules to exclude some referrer URLs from seeing greeting
messages. Regular expressions is also supported (but not required!).
- Ultra customizeable greeting message box (with CSS) allowing you to
prepend/append HTML around the greeting message box.
- Ability to disable included CSS for manual CSS management.
- Ability to disable included JS for manual JS management.
- Available "greet_box_text" filter for other plugins to modify greeting
message before outputting.
- Ability to import and export all WP Greet Box Settings.
- Currently the following referrers are installed by default, but you can
easily create your own if your favorite referrer is not on the list!