This plugin uses an abstraction of jQueryUI’s autocomplete widget that interacts with the unofficial/undocumented Google Suggest API.
Props go to Haochi Chen.
It adds an AJAX call to the search form, returning matches for the current search query.
Make sure the searchform input field has
id="s" applied, so this plugin can hook in the existing WordPress API to unfold its magic.
- Download WP Google Suggest.
- Unzip the folder into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Make sure the searchform input field has
- Why are there no suggestions, when I enter a searchterm?
To pick up the user entry, the Plugin needs the search input field to have
id="s", like in the default Themes that come with WordPress.
plugin not work why ?
I need the plugin working in my site . But it does not work correctly .
Help me !!!!!!!
Contributors & Developers
“WP Google Suggest” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added Serbo-Croatian translation. Props Borisa Druraskovic.
- Tested with WordPress 4.1.
- Maintenance release.
- Tested with WordPress 4.0.
- Redo packaging.
- Updated Utility Class.
- Tested with WordPress 3.4.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the plugin from activating.
- Updated Google Suggest Script.
- Tested up to WordPress 3.3.1.
- Initial Release.