A plugin that leverages maxmind’s geolocation ability to display a google map of the the location of the author of a post when creating a post. Uses 3 methods to get the geo location of a author, one is to use the php extenstion, the second is to use maxmind’s city web service and the third is to use a web service on api.codeninja.me.uk which uses maxmind’s GeoCityLite database.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Goto the Wp-GeoMap settings page and click enable and select the option you wish to use to retrive the data.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-GeoMap” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Fixed design flaw from the design flaw fix. (I forgot to change something, that’ll teach me for not testing. :p)
- Added google map’s api customization with zoom level and map type.
- Added customization of the text above the google map.
- Fixed SQL design flaws. (For some reason I was running a different schema on my install.)
- Fixed uncaught exception error.
- Fixed design flaw in class.geoapi.php that resulted in users of the free webservice having exceptions flung for no license key.