NO SUPPORT ANYMORE FOR THIS PLUGIN!! GO TO CODECANYON FOR THE LATEST VERSION
With this plugin you can send messages using Google Cloud Messaging to your Android Apps, when they’re using GCM.
You just need your Api-Key!
This Plugin can notify, when you want it, your users with your GCM App when a new post is published or a post was updated.
Of course you can also write them messages, e.g. when a special post is posted, or something like that
You can ONLY use this Plugin if you have an Android App which uses GCM AND is connected to your api-key.
If you don’t know what GCM is then please go to: http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/index.html
Now the Plugin deletes Device IDs if they no longer active and it deletes also the ID of a device if the app was uninstalled.
And now it also deletes multiple IDs from the same device.
So your database is cleaner!
Demo Android Project
Now there is finally a Demo Android Project available on GitHub!
https://github.com/Pixelartdev/GCM-Android-App/ !!OUT DATED!!
Have fun with it!
- Where to find the Api Key ?
A: just go to the Api Console: https://code.google.com/apis/console/ log in and navigate to > your project > to Api Access.
- How to setup a GCM Android App ?
A: You could go to: http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/index.html , and follow the tutorial, or you can send me an eMail for the sample Android Project I wrote.
- Is there a demo site ?
A: Yes! Go to http://px.hj.cx/wp/wp-admin,you’ll find there also a working app!
- Is this plugin translation ready ?
A: Yes, just copy the px_gcm.pot file from the lang directory of the plugin and translate it to your language.
If you want to contribute send me your translation and I will add it to the plugin!
- 1.2.5 Fixeed Error with the debug message (Thanks again to oeoeoeooeo https://wordpress.org/support/profile/oeoeoeooeo ),
- 1.2.4 Fixed Error Message on a blank installation (Thanks to oeoeoeooeo https://wordpress.org/support/profile/oeoeoeooeo ),
- 1.2.3 Fixed Update Notification Bug (Thanks to fiddelindell https://wordpress.org/support/profile/fiddelindell ),
- 1.2.2 Added Debug Response
and French localization,
- 1.2.1 Bugs fixed,
- 1.2.0 A few little improvements, and added a demo site.,
- 1.1.9 Public Release,