FullCalendar is a free open source jQuery plugin by Adam Arshaw which generates a stunning calendar populated with your events, posts or any other custom post type.
This plugin combines the power of FullCalendar and WordPress to present your posts in a calendar format, which can be filtered by custom taxonomies such as categories and tags.
Demo - See it in action
- AJAX powered
- Month/Week/Day views
- Style your calendar with dozens of themes or create your own with the jQuery ThemeRoller
- Filter by taxonomy, such as category, tag etc.
- Supports custom post types and custom taxonomies
- Popout post summaries and thumbnails when you hover over your calendar items using jQuery qTips
- Integrates seamlessly with Events Manager
- Various hooks and filters for added flexibility for developers
- Big thank you to Michael Lynn who generously gave us this plugin namespace after deciding not to go through with his implementation. One less confusing name on the plugin repo!
- This plugin was originally created for the Events Manager plugin Pro add-on, which has been moved over here so it can be used by the community for other post types.
Here's a rough roadmap of where we're heading, and will be ammended as time permits
- Transition to the FullCalendar 2 JS framework
- Move away from using qTips (or make as an alternative) and use jQuery UI tooltips instead
- Add more native FullCalendar options to the settings page
- Add formats for custom post types (currently only possible with Events Manager)
- Colors for other taxonomies (currently only possible with Events Manager)
- Multiple post types on one calendar