The WP FLogin allows a user to create a custom login page, or insert the default login form into the currently activated theme.
It includes the ability to upload a custom logo, change the colors, disable elements, and it contains a theme editor specifically for the login form.
This theme editor gives maximum control over the login form while still maintaining the default WordPress functionality such as login validation.
If you tried to use wp-login by Websitez.com you should upgrade to wpf-login that fixes all the issues of the previous plugin.
Info and samples at WPF-login developer’s site
- Unzip and place the ‘wp-flogin’ folder in your ‘wp-content/plugins’ directory
- Click the ‘Activate’ link for WPF-Login on your Plugins page (in the WordPress administration page)
- Go to options page (admin menu Settings -> WPF-Login) and save the settings you prefer; be sure not to have errors or warning messages.
NOTE: please disable or better remove wp-login by Websitez.com if previously installed
- Is it free?
- Is it an upgrade?
Yes, it comes from the original wp-login by Websitez.com
- I get an infinite redirection loop!!
Be sure to set your “login Page” if you want to have the login displayed inside your current theme.
- How can I change the size and position of login form and button inside a theme?
You should modify the CSS in style.php of your Login Theme (default is in \wp-flogin\themes\default\style.php)
Have a look at the screenshot #3 for an hint.
I found the plugin to work, which is nice, but i really would like to see the login form, the registration form be indented on the page (within the current theme). As of now it is right up against the left margin.
I also said no to hide the forgot/reset password link, but it does not show up. As in a comment above, the sidebar does not display. And last but not least – why is the width so small – it could take up the whole page – instead it it so narrow that the heading is wrapped – and by the way don’t need the title heading – using the theme so i have a header.
Also, when someone registers there is no password sent – only a link to reset password – this should not have to be a 3 step process – for a mobile device this is too much!!! – how about just adding a field for password – and reenter for validation.
Contributors & Developers
“WPF-Login” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- WP 4.0
- wp-login.php from WP 3.7
- fix for WP 3.7
- fix ‘invalidkey’ message
- minor modification to match WP 3.5.1 wp-login more closely
- Option to hide the ‘Lost your password?’ link
- Added just some hints, code unchanged
- Initial release of plugin. From the original wp-login by Websitez.com