WP Extra Settings gives you control over many different options that are manageable without accessing the code otherwise. This plugin will thus enable you to control almost every aspect of WordPress making a more professional tool out of it.
* Hide WP version from meta tags
* Hide login errors
* Forbid file editing
* Disable Live Writer link
* Disable RSD services
* Remove message from the footer
* Hide WP version from the footer
* Disable upgrade notice
* Disable admin bar
* Hide WP logo
* Hide meta boxes
* Show custom notification
* Hide Help tab
* Show to users only their own posts in the dashboard
* Allow contributors to upload media files
* Notify users when their role change
* Enble Visual Editor in Comments
* Enble Hidden Buttons in Visual Editor
* Disable comments in attachment pages
* Show Pingback/Trackback count in post list
* Show Attachment count in post list
* SHow Featured Image Thumbnail in post list
Do you want to raise a bug, propose a change, request for support or simply say hi? You can do it here.
- Upload the plugin’s folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Find the settings page under the ‘Settings’ menu
- I activated many options but it looks like they are not working, what can I do?
Check that the plugin is enabled under the “General” tab.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Extra Settings” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Full localisation of the plugin.
- Quick code clean-up and testing against WordPress 4.0.
- Removed “Enable visual editor for comments” features.
- Removed “Enable Hidden Buttons in Visual Editor” feature.
- Added “Show Message in Dashboard” feature
- Added “Hide Help Tab” feature
- Added “Show Ping/Trackbacks Count” feature
- Added “Show Attachments Count” feature
- Added “Show Featured Image Thumbnail” feature
- Added “Enable Editor for Comments” feature
- Added “Disable Comments for Media” feature
- Changes to CSS to comply with WP 3.8 dashboard style
- First release.