This plugin allows users to embed posts into other posts. Posts are embeded by default by printing the title
<h2> tag and by applything
the_content filter to the post content. The plugin also adds a shortcode
wpembed_content which passes two variables, the post object and the post type to allow developers to have
full control over how any given embeded post is rendered.
- Extract wp-embed-posts.zip
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Can I embed any post type?
Yes, by default you can embed posts and pages. Go to Embed Post Options under the Settings tab of the admin menu to enable/disable other post types.
- What happens if I embed a post within itself?
Nothing, if you embed a post within itself, the plugin will simply render the normal content.
- Can posts with embeded posts be embeded?
Yes, for example Post 1 can embed Post 2 which embeds Post 3 which embeds Post 4.
- What if I have a circular reference to posts?
If one post embeds another which embeds the first post, the first post will be rendered with the contents of the second post embeded, without embeding the first post.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Embed Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial Release
- Changed to use admin-ajax.php to display window (instead of requiring wp-load.php)