This plugin understands the url you entered on the editor or inside the
shortcode and returns the proper social plugin or custom embed.
Alternativelly you can disable this feature and use the
[facebook url] shortcode instead. Examples.
You can pass some special attributes to overwrite defaults on both ShortCodes, read more about them here.
- Facebook Videos
- Facebook Albums
- Facebook Events
- Facebook Photos
- Facebook Fan pages
- Facebook Profiles
- Facebook Posts
- Facebook Comment
Facebook Social Plugins
Pieces of code crafted by Facebook developers for us mortals ( official documentation ). Create a default instance with the shortcode:
A like and share button for the current page
[fb_plugin like share=true]
Send a message to a Facebook fan page.
[fb_plugin page href=https://www.facebook.com/wpemf/ small-header=true height=350 tabs=messages ]
See a lot more examples here.
Automatically replace the WordPress comments system with Facebook comments or manually using the shortcode
To enable moderation you have to set up a Facebook App ID and Secret also scrape the urls on Facebook more details inside the settings page.
The Quote Social Plugin
The last social plugin to come to life allows your visitors to share any part of your site just by selecting text. Activate it automatically on selected post types or by using the shortcode
[fb_plugin quote]. Demo.
- Nothing to embed posts, pages, videos and comments.
- For custom embeds and comments moderation a Facebook App Id and Secret are required more details inside settings.
If you found a bug or want to add an extra feature create a pull request on github.
- “Elegant” custom embeds theme
- Embed full event shortcode
- Embed full fan page shortcode
- Embed events with address and admins
- Embed albums with more that 100 photos
- Embed all upcoming events of a fan page
- Features cooking
- Embed personal data
- Shortcode creator
- Special templates for albums and pages
- Download wp embed facebook plugin from WordPress
- Extract to /wp-content/plugins/ folder, and activate the plugin in /wp-admin/.
- Create a Facebook App follow the step by step guide.
- Copy the App Id and App Secret to the “Embed Facebook” page under the Settings section.
- Change settings to your liking.
- Enjoy and tell someone !
- How can I change the way an embed looks?
You can overwrite the embed template with a custom one.
- Create a folder on your theme named “plugins”.
- Inside that folder create a new one named “wp-embed-facebook”.
- Inside that folder create a new one named “default”.
- Copy the contents of “wp-embed-facebook/templates/default/” to “your-theme/plugins/wp-embed-facebook/default”
- Change the template files to what you want. Inside each file you can access the
$fb_dataarray that contains the information retrieved from facebook.
- How can I make my page load faster ?
- Why can’t I embed a certain fan page getting error code 100 ?
The Facebook page your are trying to embed is not available to users logged out from Facebook.
- I cannot embed my photo stream
This plugin only works for embedding albums. Alternatives are being tested and they will be available very soon.
- Is there a way to embed an album with more than 100 photos ?
Change the number of embedded photos on settings or use the shortcode like this [facebook album_url photos=200 ] This can only be achieved using the premium version.
- How I can guarantee that this software is kept up to date?
Buying the premium extensions helps to keep this project alive.
It does what is expected! Simple as that!
Also the support from Miguel is superb!
Simple, slick, and works like a charm. A must-have for any WordPress user.
worked perfectly as I needed. I was looking for facebook videos embed plaugin which runs facebook videos as responsive. this plugin does it perfectly.
I’m pleased with the result – there’s my post! I made it through the weird facebook app ID steps thanks to the instructions. My post stopped displaying for a while and just showed as a url, but I had forgotten to update to the newest plugin version, and when I did it came right back without any fiddling.
Just not working and poor documentation, waste of time
Contributors & Developers
“WP Embed Facebook” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Deprecated Facebook sdk 2.1 and 2.2 automatically updates to 2.3
- Better admin navigation
- Fixed page likes count
- Fix css not found no custom templates
- Removed download video link
- Prevent wrong file load on theme templates @pierreg_
- Fixed: url understanding on page embeds when they have the format page-name-8798798
- Fixed: website on custom embed fail on edge cases
- Fixed: download video link
- Added: spanish translations ES, MX, AR, CL, GT, PE, VE
- Fixed: missing posts from page embeds
- Updated: readme file
- Added: new filter wef_lightbox_title
- Added: event time format option
- Added: single post time format option
- Added: single post now triggers photos in lightbox
- Fixed: single post caption link error
- Added: compatibility for custom embed templates css (pierreg_)
- Fixed: typos on readme file
- Improved: Lightbox css and option section
- Added: Facebook API v2.7
- Added: option to use lightbox on [gallery] shortcode (experimental)
- Added: new action ‘wp_embed_fb’ on WP_Embed_FB class
- Added: compatibility for using href=, url=, uri=, link=, on [facebook] shortcode
- Fixed: shortcode not running when text changed for htmlentities
- Added: warning when shortcode in badly used.
- Fixed: includes giving problems in some sites.
- Added: [fb_plugin] shortcode to embed any type of social plugin
- Added: Auto embed comments plugin to certain post types
- Added: Auto embed quote plugin to certain post types
- Added: Default options for all social plugins
- Added: Advanced option to integrate other lightbox scripts to the album embeds
- Improved: Admin area is more comprehensive with tons of examples
- Improved: url recognition
- Deprecated: Old functions on Wef_Social_Plugins class
- Updated: social plugins embed
- Fixed: Shortcode [facebook object_id]
- Fixed: Error for uls https://www.facebook.com/something-3423223
- Fixed: Readme typo
- Added: Uglyfied scripts
- Added: Extra FAQ
- Added: Github for development https://github.com/sigami/wp-embed-facebook
- Removed: all options and moved them to a single one ‘wpemfb_options’
- Fixed: timezone bug custom post and events
- Added option to only load scripts when an embed is present
- Added option to reset all options
- Added JetPack Photon compatibility
- Added compatibility with some drag and drop themes
- Added lightbox.sass for theme developers
- Changed: Lightbox script and style
- Added Lightbox Option Album Label
- Added Lightbox Option Always Show Nav On Touch Devices
- Added Lightbox Option Show Image Number Label
- Added Lightbox Option Wrap Around
- Added Lightbox Option Disable Scrolling
- Added Lightbox Option Fit Images In Viewport
- Added Lightbox Option Max Width
- Added Lightbox Option Max Height
- Added Lightbox Option Position From Top
- Added Lightbox Option Resize Duration
- Added Lightbox Option Fade Duration
- Changed css on classic theme
- Fixed: Admin notice bug
- Lightbox css improved
- Fixed: cover css
- Fixed: css on footer when using different themes
- Changed: d all.js to sdk.js (bryant1410)
- Optimization for sites with no Facebook App
- Added error messages for special cases
- Added advanced option for selecting Facebook SDK version
- Fixed: locale error inside editor
- Fixed: link underline in some themes
- Fixed: several css and html structure nothing critical
- Fix Event title css
- Settings translation link
- Improved object id identification for fan pages and posts
- Video download option
- Added new filter “wpemfb_embed_fb_id”
- Added Download Video option
- Added Settings link on plugin description
- Improved type and fb_id recognition
- Improved shortcode compatibility !
- Added new ‘photos’ attribute for shortcode used only on albums
- Added ‘type’ parameter to wpemfb_template filter
- Fixed: https on all templates
- Fixed: like and comment links on single post raw
- Fixed: forced app token only if it has app
- Fixed: admin shortcode references
- Fixed: removed unused options on uninstall
- Fixed: translations strings
- Fixed: notice on installations with no FB App
- changed shortcode tag from [facebook=url] to [facebook url]
- force app access token
- Fixed: notice on pages and events with no cover
- Moved admin scripts to footer
- Added options for page social plugins
- Changed admin layout
- Does not need facebook app for simple embeds
- More human friendly
- Fixed: message on photo single post
- Fixed: language issue when embedding social plugins in admin
- Fixed: time on events
- Changed: Facebook API to 2.4
- Added a new parameters for shortcode ‘social_plugin’ and ‘theme’
- Fixed: shortcode use [facebook FB_Object_ID ]
- Improved CSS and themes
- New Embed Post Raw
- Fixed: delete of options on uninstall
- Fixed: Embed Video Error
- Fixed: like and follow button html
- Fixed: more things on multisite
- Fixed: Page Template HTML
- Fixed: translation files
- Fixed: bug on event template
- Fixed: MultiSite error
- New Shortcode use [facebook FB_Object_ID ] solution for fb permalinks
- Fixed: raw attribute on shortcode when url is video
- Local Release
- Fixed: headers already sent notice.
- Added Links to Facebook Apps and plugin settings
- Removed: deprecated is_date_only field on event template
- Fix Fatal Error on non object
- Fixed: event templates
- Fixed: album thumbnails
- Fixed: jQuery UI error when admin is in https
- Added option to embed raw videos with facebook code
- Added poster on raw embed videos
- Changed: to FB API v2.3
- Changed: raw photo template
- Fixed: error on older versions of PHP
- Line breaks fix
- Line breaks fix
- Facebook video embed code in case video type is not supported
- Fix: Compatibility with other facebook plugins thanks to ozzWANTED
- New filter: ‘wpemfb_api_string’ and ‘wpemfb_2nd_api_string’
- Show embedded posts on admin
- Fix undefined variable on js
- Fix languages on event time
- Better Video Embeds
- Fix: Error on some systems nothing critic.
- Fix: Warning on Dashboard
- Changed: : Readme.txt
- Compatibility with twenty 15 theme
- New css for embeds
- Compatibility with premium plugin
- Documentation Changed:
- New advanced option
- Better detection of video urls
- FB js now loaded via jquery
- More comprehensive admin section
- Fix album pictures not showing on chrome
- minor bugs
- fix website url
- fix embed post width
- Responsive Template
- Posts on Page Embeds
- Album Photo Count
- Fixes on Admin Page
- Remove of unnecessary code
- fixed Warning in admin
- Support for raw videos and photos
- Support for albums
- Spanish translations
- Support for Video url’s
- Support for filter ‘wpemfb_category_template’
- Follow buttons
- Better photo embeds
- New website www.wpembedfb.com !
- Documentation and screenshots.
- Shortcode [facebook url width=600] width is optional
- Multilingual Like Buttons
- Bugs and documentation
- Changed: d Instructions
- Change theme template directory
- Embed posts
- Embed photos
- Like buttons
- Corrected links on events.
- Making the plugin public.
- Making the plugin.