jQuery UI. As you can see its creation is inspired by simplicity and convenience
of Finder program used in Mac OS X operating system.
- All general operations with files and folders on a remote server (copy, move,
upload, create folder/file, rename, etc.)
- Two types of view: list and icons
- High performance of server and client parts
- Multifile upload
- Standart methods of file/group selection using mouse or keyboard
- Context menu
- “Hot keys” for most actions
- Move/Copy files with Drag & Drop
- Work with archives
- Preview for most types of files
- Edit text files and resize images
- “Places” for your favorites
- Calculate directory sizes
- Background creation of thumbnails for image files
- Easy to integrate with web editors (elRTE, CKEditor, TinyMCE)
- Flexible configuration of access rights, upload file types, user interface
- Simple client-server API based on JSON
Programming Python, testing, support: Troex Nevelin email@example.com
Spanish localization: Alex “xand” Vavilin firstname.lastname@example.org http://xand.es
Design: Valentin Razumnih
We hope our tools will be helpful for you.
elFinder is issued under a 3-clauses BSD license.
elFinder uses and comes with jQuery and jQuery-UI witch are issued under
MIT and GPL licenses.
This software is available under a 3-clauses BSD license:
Copyright (c) 2009, Studio 42 Ltd.
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of the Studio 42 Ltd. nor the
names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY Studio 42 Ltd. ”AS IS” AND ANY
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Studio 42 Ltd. BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
To install the plugin follow these steps
- Download the zipped plugin file to your local machine.
- Unzip the file.
- Upload the
wp-elfinderfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the WordPress ‘Plugins’ menu.