Simple WordPress Gallery Plugin
WP Easy Gallery is the best free WordPress gallery plugin. WP Easy Gallery allows you to easily create and manage multiple photo galleries through a simple admin interface.
Quickly displaying images in your WordPress posts or pages is extremely easy with WP Easy Gallery.
Gallery plugin features include
- NEW Display galleries as default WordPress style galleries (option is on settings page)
- Enhanced social sharing for images in your gallery.
- Newly added class name (wp-easy-gallery) for easy thumbnail styling.
- Upload unique thumbnail image for galleries and set custom dimensions.
- Include multiple galleries on a page or post.
- Set the ‘sort order’ of images in the galleries.
- Uses WordPress short code for easy content integration.
- Short code button for easy content insertion.
- And much more…
For more information about this simple WordPress gallery plugin see the demo: WP Easy Gallery
Pro gallery plugin features
- Multiple image uploads to quickly populate your galleries.
- Improved admin panel for easier gallery and image navigation.
- Ability to show or hide social sharing buttons.
- Ability to show or hide gallery overlay.
- Galleries use 1st image in gallery for thumbnail by default. This can be changed for each individual gallery.
- Set global thumbnail dimensions for all galleries. This can be overwritten for each gallery.
- Pop-up preview for each image – see how each gallery image will look in the pop-up window on your site.
- Short code button for easy content insertion.
- German language support. (Sprachunterstutzung fur Deutsch) (Pro / Premium Versions)
- Spanish Translation support. (Traducción al español añadió) (Pro / Premium Versions)
- Portuguese Translation support. (Tradução Português Adicionado) (Pro / Premium Versions)
- French Translation support. (Traduction française ajouté) (Pro / Premium Versions)
Simple WordPress Gallery Plugin
Be sure to also check out these other WordPress Plugins.
WP Easy Gallery Pro,
WP Easy Gallery Premium,
ReFlex Gallery Pro,
ReFlex Gallery Premium,
Custom Post Donations,
Custom Post Donations Premium,
WP Translate Pro,
Email Obfuscate and Prosperity.
The developer of this plugin is not in any way affiliated to the developer of the prettyPhoto jQuery plugin.
prettyPhoto is being developed by Stephane Caron and licensed under the GPLv2 license. As the developer states, prettyPhoto is “totally free to use (…) in all projects, even commercial ones”.
For more information on prettyPhoto please visit the project page:
prettyPhoto project page
Please consider a donation to the author of prettyPhoto in order to support the project!
Complete list of WordPress Plugins by HahnCreativeGroup.
- What is the best way to load images?
- Click the ‘Upload Image’ button.
- Select the ‘From Computer’ tab.
- Click the ‘Select Files’ button.
- Choose the desired image to upload.
- After image has completed, click the ‘Insert into post’ button.
- Why can’t I add galleries to my site?
- WP Easy Gallery requires PHP 5 to work properly, please check your web hosting WordPress configurations.
I purchased Pro primarily to upload multiple images at once because i liked the way the plugin functioned given what I was looking for in a gallery plugin. However, the support is non-existent, the plugin is buggy when maintaining (adding/deleting) galleries, and better functionality can be found in other plugins without paying for the lack of support and issues.
Queensland SEO proudly use the WP Easy Gallery plugin on our website.
We don't hesitate in recommending this WordPress gallery plugin as it is so simple and easy to setup and manage.
Many thanks from the team @ [Signature moderated]..
- Cleaned up setting page options by showing or hiding options depending on gallery type used
- Changed admin navigation name to ‘WP Easy Gallery’ to prevent confusion with other plugins
- Fixed error with database update function
- Extracted prettyPhoto theme variable to JS file to allow theme to persist
- Increased gallery name field in database from 30 to 60 characters
- Added database version check to update database table structure
- Fixed possible XSS vulnerability
- Removed hard-coded file paths
- Corrected short code button AJAX method
- Show short code with key instead of slug when creating a new gallery
- Converted sort order to number field
- Slight style modifications and verified WP 4.3 compatibility
- Updated prettyPhoto.js to version 3.1.6, fixed XSS vulnerability in JS
- Added ability to display gallery name
- Added ability set alignment of gallery display name
- Fixed layout issue with RSS feed
- Added ability to render gallery as default WordPress style gallery
- Added ability to customize number of columns for gallery display
- Fixed bug with settings page not showing in admin section
- Extracted RSS feed to an asynchronous call to allow admin pages to load quicker
- Verified WordPress 3.9.2 compatibility
- Code clean-up
- Bug fixes to short code button
- Added button to post/page editor for inserting short code.
- Added option to turn gallery thumbnail dropshadows on or off.
- replaced deprecated mysql escape calls for WordPress 3.9 compatibility.
- Changed short code to use key instead of name. Change is backwards compatible and will not break or require changing existing gallery short codes.
- Bug fix: corrected an issue with options
- Improved thumbnail style CSS
- Added ability to disable new thumbnail style
- Added thumbnail style on hover
- Ability to save all image changes in one click
- Selected gallery images remain selected after making images edits
- Selected gallery remains selected after making gallery edits
- Preview image in modal window from within admin section
- converted strtolower() function to mb_convert_case() for better UTF-8 character handling
- Fixed issue that prevented galleries with same names from being properly displayed.
- Added ability to insert custom styles for thumbnails. New field is on settings page.
- Updated prettyPhoto JS script to version 3.1.5
- Fixed improper JS file path
- Fixed ability to hide galleries and added ability to hide social sharing buttons.
- Added CSS to prettyPhoto stylesheet to correct arrow alignment and issue with mini-gallery spilling over the popup window.
- Added jQuery Migrate script for jQuery 1.9.1 compatibility
- Fixed bug related to security fix that prevented the ability to upload images
- Critical security patches
- Added the ability to hide the social sharing icons / links in the gallery pop-up
- Style update to fix social sharing button layout issue
- Addition of settings page and functionality to hide thumbnail overlay from settings
- Updated prettyPhoto.js jQuery script to version 3.1.4 for various bug fixes and added social sharing abilities
- Added handling for default thumbnail dimensions
- Updated Add Images interface for easier deletion of images
- Code fixes to admin pages to fix HTML validation issues
- Added Help (FAQ) page to plugin
- Tighted security against remote scripting attacks
- Changed the manner in which JS files are called into theme
- Fixed vulnerability found in code base: Input passed via the “select_gallery” or “galleryId” parameter to wp-admin/admin.php (when “page” is set to “edit-gallery”) is not properly sanitised in wp-content/plugins/wp-easy-gallery/admin/edit-gallery.php before being returned to the user.
- Critical bug fixes and code enhancements
- SEO enhancements
- Additional bug fixes
- Bug fixes addressing undefined variable warnings
- Fixed issue preventing custom database table prefixes from passing through on gallery specific code
- Fixed issue preventing custom database table prefixes from passing through
- Cursor now shows pointer when gallery thumbnail is in hover state.
- Added functionality to show gallery name on hover.
- Fixed bug that caused screen jumping when gallery launched.
- Initial release