“WP Easy Backup” is a WordPress plugin that will create a database dump, backup all your media, theme and plugin files, and export it all in a nice zip file.
When moving from one hosting company to another, this plugin can quickly create a website backup with everything you need in a zip file, with just one click.
After installation, look under the Tools tab in the left-hand navigation of your WordPress Dashboard. Then, click “WP Easy Backup”. To create a website backup, click on “Generate WP Easy Backup Zip” to start your backup. The website backup may take up to 60-90+ seconds to complete depending on how much content and how many pictures your website has.
Once the website backup is complete you will be notified and will be able to download a zip file to your computer with all the contents of your website.
When you unzip the folder you will see all your website data.
The database dump will be located within the uploads folder.
- Progress bar that displays website backup progress
- Downloadable website backup history available from the dashboard
- Scheduler to automate a monthly website backup
- Pro Version that allows you to restore your website to a specific backup
- Pro version to schedule automatic weekly & daily website backups
- I’m clicking on the button but nothing happens?
The backup generation script can take long time, especially if you have a large database or a website with a lot of content and images.
1.0.3 – February 6th, 2014
- Verified compatibility with WordPress version 3.8.1
- New owner: Michael R. Hunter
- Released by Joakim Ling